A free summer concert series will kick off Friday (June 7) in the Town of Vienna.
The town partnered with the Rotary Club of Vienna and other sponsors on the “Summer on the Green Concert Series.”
The concerts start at 6:30 p.m. — unless otherwise noted — on Fridays at the Vienna Town Green (144 E. Maple Avenue).
Friday performance schedule:
- June 7: Vienna Idol
- June 14: Nowhere Men, an acoustic Beatles tribute band
- June 21: Chillin’ on Church featuring the Deja Gruv Band
- June 28: Sarah Bennett Swanner playing country and blues Covers
- July 5: U.S. Navy Band Commodores, a big band jazz ensemble
- July 12: Fat Chance playing rock music
- July 19: Chillin’ on Church featuring Mudlark
- July 26: U.S. Army Band playing Louisiana jazz and folk
- August 2: The Rockits playing rock and Motown
- August 9: Shenandoah Run, a folk group
- August 16: Chillin’ on Church featuring Big Bad JuJu
- August 23: Wayne Tympanick Trio playing jazz
- September 20: Chillin’ on Church featuring the Hard Swimmin’ Fish
The concert series also has a handful of performances that are not on Fridays, but do start at 6:30 p.m., including:
- Wednesday, June 12: Rocknocerous
- Sunday, July 7: U.S. Navy Band playing bluegrass
- Sunday, July 21: Vienna Community Band
Attendees can bring chairs and blankets, but should leave alcohol and pets at home.
If rain clouds roll in, attendees can call 703-255-7842 or the Department of Parks and Recreation at 703-255-6360 two hours before the event for cancellation information.
Image via Google Maps
The McLean Community Center has some notable names lined up for an upcoming panel to celebrate Black History Month, which has been recognized every February since 1976. Announced in a…
More snow is on the way to Fairfax County, though Northern Virginia isn’t expected to see the worst of this storm. The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather…
Fairfax County is working on ways to ensure that consistent and fair wages are linked to public construction contracts. At a board meeting on Tuesday (Jan. 25), the Fairfax County…
The national chain Kura Sushi is bringing a sushi bar to Tysons, its first Virginia location. The publicly traded company, whose closest site right now is in D.C., plans to…