The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (May 28)
- Ice Cream Solves Everything Run — 6:30-8 p.m. at the Potomac River Running Store (111 W. Maple Avenue) — The Vienna Run Club will run 4-, 5- or 6-mile routes tonight, followed by free ice cream at an ice cream bar and in-store beverages. Runners that try-out Saucony footwear will earn a raffle ticket for a chance to win some giveaways.
Wednesday (May 29)
- Free Yoga in the Park — every Wednesday until Aug. 28 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Strawberry Park (2910 District Avenue) — Spark Yoga will guide free outdoor yoga in the Mosaic District this summer. All levels of yoga experience are welcome.
- “The Lady from Shanghai” — 7 p.m. at the Angelika Film Center (2911 District Avenue) — The last movie in the Film Noir Series at the Angelika Film Center screens tomorrow. The plot is about a seaman who gets implicated in a murder after he starts working on a yacht.
Friday (May 31)
- URBNMarket Mosaic — 3 p.m. at Strawberry Park (2910 District Avenue) — More than 25 local makers and collectors will sell handmade and vintage items at the pop-up market in the Mosaic District.
- “Wine & Wanderlust” — 7-10 p.m. at Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner (7901 Tysons One Place) — The McLean Project for the Arts and Total Wine & More are hosting an evening of wine sampling from more than 100 winemakers. Tickets are $100 per person and include wine-tastings, heavy appetizers and music.
- Paint Nite at Tysons Biergarten — every Friday until October from 7-10 p.m. at Tysons Biergarten (8346 Leesburg Pike) — For two hours and $37 per person, attendees can follow a guide in creating a painting.
Saturday (June 1)
- Lewinsville Center Ribbon-Cutting — 10 a.m.-noon at Lewinsville Center (1613 Great Falls Street) — Dranesville District Supervisor John Foust will help celebrate the opening of the new Lewinsville Center. The intergenerational facility will house the Lewinsville Senior Center, Adult Day Health Care and two child day care centers.
- NoBetterOff Concert — 7-10 p.m. at Art and Frame of Falls Church (205 W. Jefferson Street) — NoBetterOff, an acoustic Americana band made up of five Northern Virginia artists, will perform. Monroe Bay Vineyards will be at the concert with a selection of Virginia wines. Tickets are $10 at the door.
Sunday (June 2)
- Tysons Farmers Market — every Sunday through November from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at 8400 Westpark Drive — The weekly farmers market features local produce, meats, eggs, hot foods, baked goods and more. In addition to food, attendees can enjoy live music, cooking demonstrations and kids events. The market accepts SNAP and matching on all SNAP purchases.
Photo via Facebook