Music lovers looking for free concerts can head to McLean on Sundays this summer.
McLean’s returning summer concert series plans to feature a variety of musical styles, including Latin, brass, jazz, Americana and rock.
The concerts run from June 16 to July 29.
- Alphabet Rockers — hip-hop beats for kids
- Jazzy Ash and the Leaping Lizards — New Orleans-style jazz and favorite jazz standards
- Sonia de Los Santos — Latin American family music
- DuPont Brass — a brass band that plays jazz, hip-hop and R&B
- Frontiers — a Journey tribute band
- Justin Trawick and the Common Good — a band led by D.C.-based songwriter Justin Trawick
- Slippery When Wet — a Bon Jovi tribute band
Sponsored by The Alden at the McLean Community Center, the concert series takes place every Sunday afternoon at 5 p.m. in the gazebo of McLean Central Park (1468 Dolley Madison Blvd).
Photo courtesy McLean Community Center
LGBTQIA+ stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual/agender, and other gender and sexual minority identities (via Sharon McCutcheon/Unsplash) Students and staff in the LGBTQIA+ community expressed relief yesterday…
Meerkats have taken over Tysons Galleria. The 4-foot-tall, vividly colored replicas of the desert-dwelling critters started to emerge at the mall in mid-October before doubling their presence from 30 to…
Meet Tank, a young hound mix eager to enlist into a new home after parting ways with his previous one. According to his new friends at Mutt Love Rescue, Tank…
With Thanksgiving on the horizon, many local entities and organizations will be closed. Fairfax County government offices and Fairfax County Public Schools will be closed for Thanksgiving (Thursday, Nov. 25)…