Music lovers looking for free concerts can head to McLean on Sundays this summer.
McLean’s returning summer concert series plans to feature a variety of musical styles, including Latin, brass, jazz, Americana and rock.
The concerts run from June 16 to July 29.
- Alphabet Rockers — hip-hop beats for kids
- Jazzy Ash and the Leaping Lizards — New Orleans-style jazz and favorite jazz standards
- Sonia de Los Santos — Latin American family music
- DuPont Brass — a brass band that plays jazz, hip-hop and R&B
- Frontiers — a Journey tribute band
- Justin Trawick and the Common Good — a band led by D.C.-based songwriter Justin Trawick
- Slippery When Wet — a Bon Jovi tribute band
Sponsored by The Alden at the McLean Community Center, the concert series takes place every Sunday afternoon at 5 p.m. in the gazebo of McLean Central Park (1468 Dolley Madison Blvd).
Photo courtesy McLean Community Center
Linway Terrace in McLean (via Google Maps) Drivers will now have to pay more if they exceed the speed limit on Linway Terrace in McLean. The Fairfax County Board of…
1st Stage, Tysons’ premier theatre company, is proud to announce its upcoming production of The Chosen. Based on Chaim Potok’s acclaimed novel, this captivating play explores the powerful themes of friendship,…
(Updated at 2:50 p.m.) Operations at the McLean Community Center (MCC) are starting to look a lot more like 2019 — at least as far as its budget is concerned….
A Metrobus stop at Concord Centre in Springfield (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Where to See Fall Foliage in Fairfax County — “Autumn is officially here and our estimated 44…