Music lovers looking for free concerts can head to McLean on Sundays this summer.
McLean’s returning summer concert series plans to feature a variety of musical styles, including Latin, brass, jazz, Americana and rock.
The concerts run from June 16 to July 29.
- Alphabet Rockers — hip-hop beats for kids
- Jazzy Ash and the Leaping Lizards — New Orleans-style jazz and favorite jazz standards
- Sonia de Los Santos — Latin American family music
- DuPont Brass — a brass band that plays jazz, hip-hop and R&B
- Frontiers — a Journey tribute band
- Justin Trawick and the Common Good — a band led by D.C.-based songwriter Justin Trawick
- Slippery When Wet — a Bon Jovi tribute band
Sponsored by The Alden at the McLean Community Center, the concert series takes place every Sunday afternoon at 5 p.m. in the gazebo of McLean Central Park (1468 Dolley Madison Blvd).
Photo courtesy McLean Community Center
A coworking company that advertises its flexible offices as “the future of workspace” is bringing that future to Merrifield. Venture X has leased nearly 28,000 square feet of space on…
> Read more…
Merrifield Lidl from across Gallows Road (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) First Responders Train for Silver Line Phase 2 — “More than a hundred fire and emergency personnel will converge on…
Another health-focused juice bar is laying claim to territory in the Town of Vienna, joining the likes of South Block and Greenheart Juice Bar and Cafe. The Texas-based chain Smoothie…