Firefighters say improperly discarded smoking materials led to a house fire in the Wolf Trap area last Friday (May 17).
There were no injuries, but the fire in the Chase Hill neighborhood is estimated to have caused $5,200 in damages.
UPDATE: House fire 9900 block Chase Hill Ct, Wolf Trap 5/17/19. Occupant awoke to see fire on exterior home. Smoke alarms alerted after fire discovered. 7 occupants displaced. Cause: IMPROPER DISPOSAL of SMOKING MATERIALS. Damages: $5,200. No injuries. Sink It or Soak It! #FCFRD pic.twitter.com/eKIgliSN6L
— Fairfax Fire/Rescue (@ffxfirerescue) May 21, 2019
The fire is the latest in what the fire department says has been a trend, with several house fires throughout Fairfax being caused by improper disposal of smoking materials like cigarettes.
Photo via Facebook
The weekend is almost here. Before you get into an argument about mask etiquette or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit recent news from the Tysons area…
A mayor, a governor, and four Racing Presidents stepped onto a baseball diamond, and thus began the 2021 Virginia State Little League Majors Tournament. Hundreds of young athletes and their…
Open houses this weekend include a 5 BD/3 BA Vienna home with a multi-level deck on a treed lot.
Tysons-headquartered Cvent, which provides business tools for customers to plan, market, and organize meetings and events, is headed back to the stock market. The event-management tech company announced today (Friday)…