Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
Most of the detached homes in our area do not belong to a homeowners association (HOA).
Most are regulated by county or town ordinance, but there are some that belong to an HOA. Some people love or hate this. Many of the HOA’s around Tyson’s include very little, maybe some yard maintenance in common areas, sometimes trash removal, but usually maybe one community party a year. If you see a townhouse, assume those always have an HOA.
I put together a list of HOAs in Vienna, McLean and Falls Church that actually give you something for your annual fees. Below is a list of the name and location, along with what the amenity included is. If you’re thinking you want to skip that 8 year wait for the Vienna Woods pool, try one of these neighborhoods instead (listed alphabetically):
- Edgemoore — Tennis courts
- Estates at Great Falls — Outdoor pool, tennis courts, basketball courts
- Hunter Mill Estates — Outdoor pool and tennis courts
- Lakevale Estates — Outdoor pool and tennis courts
- Oakton Glen — Tennis courts and basketball courts
- Shouse Village — Outdoor pool and tennis courts, basketball courts
- Williamsburg Commons — Outdoor pool
- Evans Mill Pond — Tennis courts
- Evermay — Tennis courts
- McLean Hunt — Basketball courts
- The Courts — Tennis courts
- The Dogwoods at Langley — Tennis
- Walnut Hill — Tennis courts