There are plenty of activities coming up at the McLean Community Center (1234 Ingleside Ave) throughout April, mostly involving day-trips to unique spots across the region.
The events are open to the public, though some age restrictions may apply, and McLean residents are eligible for discounts on any program involving tickets.
- April 5: Shazam Day — 8 a.m.-6 p.m. — Teens are invited to bounce at the Launch Indoor Trampoline Park before catching a screening of the new superhero film Shazam. Tickets are $55 or $45 for McLean residents.
- April 13: Spring Garage Sale and Kids’ Corner — 9 a.m.-1 p.m. — Locals are invited out to McLean’s largest spring garage sale to peruse a selection of household items, furniture, sporting goods and electronics. A special kids-themed garage sale will also be set up at the site.
- April 15: Maryland Zoo trip — 8 a.m.-6 p.m. — The Old Firehouse in McLean is hosting a trip up to the Maryland Zoo to feed giraffes, groom goats and see a variety of animals. Tickets are $55 or $45 for McLean residents.
- April 16: Hershey’s Chocolate World — 8 a.m.-7 p.m. — A trip is leaving from the MCC to Hershey’s Chocolate World, where participants will create their own Hershey Bars and explore the factory via trolley. Tickets are $65 or $55 for McLean residents.
- April 17: Dave & Buster’s — 8 a.m.-6 p.m. — The MCC is hosting a trip to Dave and Buster’s for a game day. A buffet lunch and a $25 game card with unlimited arcade play are included in the trip’s $70 fee, or $60 for McLean residents.
- April 18: Indoor go-carting — 8 a.m.-6 p.m. — Part of the Old Firehouse’s “spring break trip” will include a trip to an indoor go-carting arena. Tickets are $80 or $70 for McLean residents.
- April 19: Skyline Paintball and Laser Tag — 8 a.m.-6 p.m. — The last part of the Old Firehouse events is a trip to a paintball and laser tag facility. Tickets are $75 or $65 for McLean residents.
- April 20: Spring Fest — 10 a.m.-12 p.m. — A program aimed for children ages 3-8, participants will engage with self-guided arts and crafts and get a chance to take a photo with a bunny mascot.
- April 30: Lynchburg Garden Tour — The MCC is hosting a day-trip to Lynchburg, Virginia for view the gardens and historic homes around town.
Photo via Maryland Zoo/Facebook
Walking on Strawberry Lane in the Mosaic District (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Local Task Force Deployed to Turkey — “Members of Virginia Task Force 1 in Fairfax County are…
Existing public facilities are in red, while planned ones are blue (via Fairfax County) Fairfax County has made some progress over the past decade in introducing public amenities to support…
Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected] GO…
(Updated at 1:05 p.m.) A power outage has left construction workers on a high-rise in Tysons stranded 13 stories in the air. Fairfax County Fire and Rescue units are on…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.