Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
The best way I have found to find out about events and information around town is to follow local organizations and businesses on Facebook.
They’re constantly updating events, posting news and giving genuine value adding information. Last week the Vienna Volunteer Fire Department delivered pizza from Domino’s on the fire truck, as a promo and reminder to people to check their smoke detectors.
The only way I knew about this was from their Facebook page (and bonus, one of my former clients was the first pizza delivery on the truck because she saw that I shared the event).
Here’s a list of my favorite resources on Facebook:
- Tyson’s Reporter
- Laura Schwartz – Realtor
- Vienna Volunteer Fire Department
- Town of Vienna Government (they post events at the community center and other town events)
- Town of Vienna Police (they do a 5K events, drug take back and more)
- McLean Volunteer Fire Department
- McLean Community Center
- Fairfax County Park Authority
- Fairfax County Public Library (read a thon events, baby reading hours)
- McLean/Vienna Moms RUN This Town
- Your local school PTA (search by school and the results are easy to find)
The National Weather Service has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch in Fairfax County. The watch went into effect at 3:07 p.m. and is expected to last until 7 p.m. this…
Independence Day weekend is almost here. Before you prepare for the oncoming barrage of fireworks or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news…
While it won’t be quiet around Fairfax County on Monday with Fourth of July celebrations, many government offices and facilities will be closed. Government offices, and some businesses, are closed…
Two D.C. residents have been arrested and charged with armed robbery after allegedly driving a man around and robbing him at gunpoint on April 9, the Town of Vienna Police…