Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
The best way I have found to find out about events and information around town is to follow local organizations and businesses on Facebook.
They’re constantly updating events, posting news and giving genuine value adding information. Last week the Vienna Volunteer Fire Department delivered pizza from Domino’s on the fire truck, as a promo and reminder to people to check their smoke detectors.
The only way I knew about this was from their Facebook page (and bonus, one of my former clients was the first pizza delivery on the truck because she saw that I shared the event).
Here’s a list of my favorite resources on Facebook:
- Tyson’s Reporter
- Laura Schwartz – Realtor
- Vienna Volunteer Fire Department
- Town of Vienna Government (they post events at the community center and other town events)
- Town of Vienna Police (they do a 5K events, drug take back and more)
- McLean Volunteer Fire Department
- McLean Community Center
- Fairfax County Park Authority
- Fairfax County Public Library (read a thon events, baby reading hours)
- McLean/Vienna Moms RUN This Town
- Your local school PTA (search by school and the results are easy to find)
Discover where to view local Halloween decorations in the latest Neighborhood Expert.
The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area. We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna,…
Inova Bloodmobile (via Inova Blood Donor Services/Facebook) Local blood supplies have reached critically low levels, creating a potential crisis with hospitals operating at maximum capacity, Inova Health Systems reports. The…
Metro Announces Reduced Service Today — “As part of the investigation into the Blue Line derailment, Metro is holding out of service all of its 7000-series railcars, which is nearly…