Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
The best way I have found to find out about events and information around town is to follow local organizations and businesses on Facebook.
They’re constantly updating events, posting news and giving genuine value adding information. Last week the Vienna Volunteer Fire Department delivered pizza from Domino’s on the fire truck, as a promo and reminder to people to check their smoke detectors.
The only way I knew about this was from their Facebook page (and bonus, one of my former clients was the first pizza delivery on the truck because she saw that I shared the event).
Here’s a list of my favorite resources on Facebook:
- Tyson’s Reporter
- Laura Schwartz – Realtor
- Vienna Volunteer Fire Department
- Town of Vienna Government (they post events at the community center and other town events)
- Town of Vienna Police (they do a 5K events, drug take back and more)
- McLean Volunteer Fire Department
- McLean Community Center
- Fairfax County Park Authority
- Fairfax County Public Library (read a thon events, baby reading hours)
- McLean/Vienna Moms RUN This Town
- Your local school PTA (search by school and the results are easy to find)
The Foster Glen townhomes in Oak Hill are the only development in Fairfax County currently selling workforce dwelling units at 120% AMI (via Google Maps) In the future, people who…
Fairfax County police have arrested two men who allegedly broke into a house in the McLean area earlier this week and robbed and assaulted its residents at gunpoint.
Kilmer Middle School in Tysons has stepped up the presence of its security team today (Friday) in response to an alleged threat of gun violence heard during a fight.
In a message sent to parents at 3:10 p.m. yesterday (Thursday), principal Steven McFarlane said the school had been “made aware of an alleged threat of gun violence that was overheard by students during a fight” that afternoon.
Behind the Rotunda Condominiums in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Low Interest in Virginia’s Medical Cannabis Program — “A new study that takes a close look at Virginia’s medical…