Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
Valentine’s Day is coming up and it has me thinking about different kinds of date nights. Something out of the ordinary dinner and a movie option.
If you’re looking for some new ideas, why not consider some live music, comedy or trivia? Various venues in and around town have local artists, cover bands, DJs and more.
Pair that with some good food and/or drinks, and you’ve got yourself a nice night out. It helps if you follow these businesses on Facebook or sign up for their newsletters. Events like Jammin Java 80’s night in January sold out pretty quickly, so you don’t want to miss out!
- Tyson’s Biergarten — Comedy Shows & Live Music
- Art’s Tavern — Karaoke, Live Music Fridays, Trivia Thursday
- JV’s Restaurant — Live Music, Open Mic
- Caboose Commons — Live Music, Music Trivia Bingo, Open Mic
- Jammin Java — Music
- Blackfinn Ameripub — Trivia
- Entyse at The Ritz — Live Music, Jazz
- Open Road — Music
- Paddy’s Bar — Irish Music, Trivia, Live Music
- Wolftrap — Live Music, Opera, Other Performances
- State Theatre — Live Music, Shows, Cover Bands
- Lost Dog Café Dunn Loring and McLean — Tuesday Trivia Nights
- BJ’s Brewhouse — Beer Dinners
Of course there are always more adventurous ideas like:
- iFly Loudoun
- Top Golf
- Indoor Rock Climbing
- Axe Throwing
- Capital Wheel: The Ferris Wheel at National Harbor (bonus: there’s a small “beach” where you can pretend you’re on a beach with your toes in the sand)
Have an idea to add or a business you’re working on? Drop a note in the comments to let people know about it!
Meet Charlie, a brown German short-haired pointer whose manners will never prompt his owners to cry “good grief!” Though his past is unclear, his friends at Alexandria’s Mid-Atlantic GSP Rescue…
(Updated at 11:40 a.m.) Police say they’re looking for help after a shooter tried to rob and then attacked a man this morning in West Falls Church. The 73-year-old man…
Fairfax County’s logo on the government center (via Machvee/Flickr) For the first time in decades, Fairfax County workers have collective bargaining powers. The county Board of Supervisors passed an ordinance…
Fairfax Connector Offers Metro Alternatives — With Metrorail service limited throughout the rest of the week, Fairfax Connector is reminding commuters that it offers express service to the Pentagon or…