Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
Happy Snow Day!
You know what stir-crazy parents and kids need on a day where we got almost a foot of snow? To get out! If you’re lucky enough to live on a sloped lot or on a street with a good angle, happy sledding.
For those of you looking to find a good place to go sledding, here’s my list of the best places to go sledding in Vienna and McLean:
- There’s a small hill at Meadow Lane Park on the baseball field. It’s small enough for little kids who might be scared, but enough to give them some speed.
- Westbriar Elementary School (behind the school).
- Cunningham Park Elementary — has a big hill that’s great for picking up speed.
- Wolftrap (the theatre) — there’s 2 places at Wolfrap, the “Bowl” and the “Big Hill.”
- Marshall Road Elementary — in the back there’s a small hill.
- Westgate Park — there’s a hill behind the 2nd baseball field.
- Lemon Road Elementary — has a large hill.
- Franklin Sherman Elementary School
McLean can be hilly in areas, so some of the best sledding is likely right in your neighborhood. Don’t forget to watch out for cars if you’re on a road. Stay safe!
If you’re looking for some other ideas on playing in the snow, one mom hack that I found is to mix cold water with food coloring and put it in a squeeze bottle. I call it “snow paint.” My kids love it!