The reindeer are getting the day off: Santa Claus is coming to Vienna on a fire truck.
From Dec. 12-19, the Vienna Volunteer Fire Department (VVFD) will be escorting Santa around the town in a 1946 Maxim fire engine.
“Look for Santa as he drives around the town’s residential streets,” said the VVFD in a press release. “When you hear the sirens and music and see the flashing lights, please come outside to see Jolly Old Saint Nick and to receive a candy cane from one of his honorary elves.”
According to the VVFD, Santa will be making the rounds to most Vienna neighborhoods, stopping at 5 p.m. in various parts of the town.
- Dec 12: Southwest Vienna between Park Street and Hillcrest Drive
- Dec 13: Northwest Vienna between Lawyers Road and W&OD trail
- Dec 14: Northeast Vienna between W&OD and Beulah Road
- Dec 15: Southwest Vienna west of Hillcrest Drive. Note: this will be the only scheduled Santa stop at 1 p.m. rather than 5 p.m.
- Dec 15: Northwest Vienna west of Madison High School and Lawyers Road
- Dec 18: Southeast Vienna east of Center
- Dec 19: Northeast Vienna east of Beulah Road
Santa will also make an appearance at a Holiday Pancake Breakfast on Dec. 15. The doors open at 8 a.m. and Santa will be available between 9:30-11 a.m.
Tickets to the breakfast are $8 for adults or &7 for seniors. Children ages 5-12 are $6 and those under 4 are free. All proceeds will benefit the Vienna Volunteer Fire Department.
Photo via Facebook