The reindeer are getting the day off: Santa Claus is coming to Vienna on a fire truck.
From Dec. 12-19, the Vienna Volunteer Fire Department (VVFD) will be escorting Santa around the town in a 1946 Maxim fire engine.
“Look for Santa as he drives around the town’s residential streets,” said the VVFD in a press release. “When you hear the sirens and music and see the flashing lights, please come outside to see Jolly Old Saint Nick and to receive a candy cane from one of his honorary elves.”
According to the VVFD, Santa will be making the rounds to most Vienna neighborhoods, stopping at 5 p.m. in various parts of the town.
- Dec 12: Southwest Vienna between Park Street and Hillcrest Drive
- Dec 13: Northwest Vienna between Lawyers Road and W&OD trail
- Dec 14: Northeast Vienna between W&OD and Beulah Road
- Dec 15: Southwest Vienna west of Hillcrest Drive. Note: this will be the only scheduled Santa stop at 1 p.m. rather than 5 p.m.
- Dec 15: Northwest Vienna west of Madison High School and Lawyers Road
- Dec 18: Southeast Vienna east of Center
- Dec 19: Northeast Vienna east of Beulah Road
Santa will also make an appearance at a Holiday Pancake Breakfast on Dec. 15. The doors open at 8 a.m. and Santa will be available between 9:30-11 a.m.
Tickets to the breakfast are $8 for adults or &7 for seniors. Children ages 5-12 are $6 and those under 4 are free. All proceeds will benefit the Vienna Volunteer Fire Department.
Photo via Facebook
Renovations for the first phase of improvements at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts have been completed. The renovations include the introduction of permanent, roofed wooden pavilions that…
Construction Begins on New Tysons ER — “HCA Virginia, the health system behind Reston Hospital Center, has started construction on a Tysons emergency room and aims to open it in…
The Fairfax County Economic Development Authority gave nearly $29,000 to 10 social media influencers over the past year to highlight its jobs portal and virtual career fairs. The campaign primarily…
COVID-19 cases are still on the upswing, but for the first time in 16 months, the Fairfax Health District did not lose a single person in the past week to…