Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
As I sat here this weekend trying to come up with a traditional Thanksgiving meal for my vegetarian in-laws, a 4-year old who will only eat the rolls with butter and a small gathering of 2 families, the fantasy of going out for Thanksgiving slowly become a loud battle cry.
Did you know that nearly 20 million people dine out or cater their holiday meal? You’re not alone!
So if this weekend of meal prepping stressed you out or the idea of fighting your way through Whole Foods is giving you shingles, here’s a list of my favorite local places who might still have reservations or who might still take orders for take out:
- Clarity — Booked for tables, but still have open bar seating
- Bazin’s On Church — A la carte options or full to-go menu.
- Maple Ave Restaurant — Brunch options until 2 p.m.
- Café Renaissance — Dinner menu
- Chima — Complete menu plus Thanksgiving day favorites
- Assaggi — Special Thanksgiving day menu
- Barrel & Bushel
- Eddie V’s — Thanksgiving day menu
- J’Gilberts — Prix-fixe 3-course menu, regular dinner and prix-fixe menus too
- Wildfire — Full family style meal plus carryout, also a portion of each meal goes to Food for Others
- Ritz Carlton — To-go meals (orders due Monday 11/19 at 5 p.m.) or brunch available
Looking for Catering?
Other Local Favorites
Whether you’re eating out, cooking at home, traveling or avoiding your mother-in-law, may you be surrounded by loved ones, laughter and happiness on your Thanksgiving day. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Fairfax County Public Schools has made several bus stop changes in the Oakton area after conducting a safety review of the Blake Lane corridor. Announced today (Friday), the school system……
A D.C.-based flamenco dance company will entertain McLean audiences for a full year as The Alden’s new artist-in-residence. The McLean Community Center announced last week that its in-house theater will…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. As summer vacation is coming to…
After enduring roughly four years of construction, drivers will soon get access to the first piece of the revamped I-66 and Capital Beltway interchange in Dunn Loring. A new flyover…