Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
As I sat here this weekend trying to come up with a traditional Thanksgiving meal for my vegetarian in-laws, a 4-year old who will only eat the rolls with butter and a small gathering of 2 families, the fantasy of going out for Thanksgiving slowly become a loud battle cry.
Did you know that nearly 20 million people dine out or cater their holiday meal? You’re not alone!
So if this weekend of meal prepping stressed you out or the idea of fighting your way through Whole Foods is giving you shingles, here’s a list of my favorite local places who might still have reservations or who might still take orders for take out:
- Clarity — Booked for tables, but still have open bar seating
- Bazin’s On Church — A la carte options or full to-go menu.
- Maple Ave Restaurant — Brunch options until 2 p.m.
- Café Renaissance — Dinner menu
- Chima — Complete menu plus Thanksgiving day favorites
- Assaggi — Special Thanksgiving day menu
- Barrel & Bushel
- Eddie V’s — Thanksgiving day menu
- J’Gilberts — Prix-fixe 3-course menu, regular dinner and prix-fixe menus too
- Wildfire — Full family style meal plus carryout, also a portion of each meal goes to Food for Others
- Ritz Carlton — To-go meals (orders due Monday 11/19 at 5 p.m.) or brunch available
Looking for Catering?
Other Local Favorites
Whether you’re eating out, cooking at home, traveling or avoiding your mother-in-law, may you be surrounded by loved ones, laughter and happiness on your Thanksgiving day. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving!
The weekend is almost here. Before you clean up the salt put out for the snow that didn’t come yesterday (Thursday) or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s…
An Inova bloodmobile is on its way to the McLean Volunteer Fire Department (1455 Laughlin Avenue). The fire department has teamed up again with Inova Blood Donor Services to host…
Pedro Benedito Chimo Mandriz (Courtesy) When Pedro Benedito Chimo Mandriz’s family returned to their home country of Angola, he stayed in the U.S. to pursue his dream of running his…
As Fairfax County moves to rename two major highways, efforts to reexamine the names of landmarks referencing the country’s racist past are making their way to the Town of Vienna….