Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
Looking for mommy friends or friends for your little one? Look no further! There’s a group for that.
If you live in 22180, 22182, 22182, 22027 (Dunn Loring) and 22124 (Oakton) you can join the robust Vienna Moms group for $30 per year.
The group has a very active Facebook Page where members post questions ranging from child topics, vendors for various services and a gamut of other topics. Vienna Moms also provides a range of benefits:
- Kids social events
- Larger scale playdates (i.e. seasonal crafts)
- Monthly events (magicians, musicians and traveling petting zoo)
- Moms night out (sometimes free exercise classes, other times drinks at a local restaurant)
- Speaker series (self defense, parenting experts, 529 and financial planners)
- Book club/other clubs for moms
The current headcount is around 900 members.
In the infancy stage, there is a developing Vienna Dads group as well. Currently organized via a Facebook Group, I’m sure they’d love some new members!
If you’re in McLean, you can join the McLean Moms Club and their closed Facebook page. Zip code requirements include moms living in 22101, 22102, 22106, 22107, 22108, 22109, 22182, 22066 and 22027. The group offers amenities similar to the Vienna Moms group as well as an online marketplace (think: very local Craigslist).
I’m currently a member of the Vienna Moms group and things I’ve loved from the group:
- Hearing Rachel Bailey, a LCSW and parenting expert, talk about handling meltdowns from your kids and how to keep yourself in check.
- I helped sponsor a “HandyMOM 101” event with Moss Building and Design where they brought in excerpts to talk about design trends when renovating or building your home.
- Trying out new exercise places in town like Spin, Pure Barre and Orange Theory, usually for free!
- The friendships! Some of my closest friends I’ve met through Vienna Moms, and some businesses too (for example, the woman who did my new logo is a fellow Vienna Mom who owns Tangible Designs).
I highly encourage you to look into the groups both for yourself as well as your kids.