Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, DC and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
On Wednesday, October 24, the town of Vienna will celebrate the 72nd annual Halloween Parade. The parade begins at 7 p.m. and starts at the corner of Branch Road SE and Maple Avenue E before ending in front of Patrick Henry Library on Center Street SW.
If you’ve never been, here are some tips to help you make the most of the experience!
- People set out chairs and blankets early in the day to reserve their spot. If you want a front row view, I suggest you do the same. The town asks that no one does this before noon on the day of the parade and that revelers stay clear of the sidewalk and benches during the day.
- If you have a flat bed truck, you can back into parking spaces at the shopping centers and sit high to get a better view.
- In the parade, there are walking groups and floats with some walking groups giving out candy.
- Some of the groups in the parade are very loud. If you have someone who is noise sensitive, consider bringing something to help them enjoy the parade without the noise.
- There are no food vendors except for the nearby restaurants so plan to bring food if you need it or support a local restaurant.
- Kids in costumes can walk in the parade with an adult if they want to. Participants meet at 6:30 p.m. in the parking lot at United Bank (374 Maple Avenue E).
Pro Tip: The Weichert Realtors office at 156 Maple Avenue E holds a haunted house every year from 5:45-7 p.m. They have a designated area for small kids, but they also have a scarier “Haunted Room” if you are looking for bigger thrills. They also give out candy.
The parade is one of my many favorite Vienna events! You’ll find me there with my 4 and 6 year old boys so please say hi!
Workers are putting the finishing touches on Vienna’s new police station, which will consolidate all police operations under one roof and provide new community spaces. After some disruptions earlier this…
New research from Mather Institute reveals that some volunteer activities may be better than others when it comes to strengthening life satisfaction. This biweekly column is sponsored by The Mather in…
In just over a month, Tysons Galleria patrons will be able to get dinner, a drink and a movie — all from the same reclining, leather armchair. The mall’s new…
A mural surrounds the Booz Allen Hamilton headquarters in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) County Offers New Covid Vaccine — “Starting this week, adults 18 years of age and older…