The following article excerpt is from our content sharing partner, FairfaxNews.com.
Election Day is still more than six weeks away, but if you want to vote right now, many of you can do that.
In-person absentee voting started Monday at the county’s Government Center in Fairfax. On October 13 it will expand to nine additional locations. You can also vote by mail right now.
Voting by absentee ballot could save you lots of time because there are lots of registered voters in Fairfax County – almost 700,000. And turnout is elected to be heavy on Election Day.
Twenty things that make you eligible to vote early
- Student attending college or university outside of locality of residence in Virginia
- Spouse of student attending college or university outside locality of residence in Virginia
- Business outside County/City of residence on Election Day
- Personal business or vacation outside County/City of residence on Election Day
- I am working and commuting to/from home for 11 or more hours between 6:00 AM and 7:00 PM on Election Day
- I am a first responder (member of law enforcement, firefighter, emergency technician, search and rescue)
- My disability or illness
- I am primarily and personally responsible for the care of a disabled/ill family member confined at home
- My pregnancy
- Confined, awaiting trial
- Confined, convicted of a misdemeanor
- An electoral board member, registrar, officer of election, or custodian of voting equipment
- I have a religious obligation
- Active Duty Merchant Marine or Armed Forces
- Spouse or dependent living with a member of Active Duty Merchant Marine or Armed Forces
- Temporarily residing outside of U.S.
- Temporarily residing outside of U.S. for employment or spouse or dependent residing with employee
- Authorized representative of candidate or party serving inside the polling place
- Granted a protective order issued by or under the authority of a court of competent jurisdiction.
>> Read more at FairfaxNews.com
LGBTQIA+ stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual/agender, and other gender and sexual minority identities (via Sharon McCutcheon/Unsplash) Students and staff in the LGBTQIA+ community expressed relief yesterday…
Meerkats have taken over Tysons Galleria. The 4-foot-tall, vividly colored replicas of the desert-dwelling critters started to emerge at the mall in mid-October before doubling their presence from 30 to…
Meet Tank, a young hound mix eager to enlist into a new home after parting ways with his previous one. According to his new friends at Mutt Love Rescue, Tank…
With Thanksgiving on the horizon, many local entities and organizations will be closed. Fairfax County government offices and Fairfax County Public Schools will be closed for Thanksgiving (Thursday, Nov. 25)…