Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA and D.C. with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
Well, it’s 97 degrees, but let’s talk flannel, pumpkin spiced lattes, and apple picking… because it’s September.
When the heat finally breaks and you actually want to be outside again, Virginia has some great farms to visit for apples, fruit, baked goods, flowers, and other goodies.
- Marker-Miller Orchards: Peaches, blackberries, apples, tomatoes and so many other goodies
- Crooked Run Orchard: Apples, peaches and some blackberries
- Stribling Orchard: Several varieties of apples and grass fed beef
- Mackintosh Fruit Farm: Apples, peaches, Asian pears, nectarines, veggies. Plus, they have cider donuts, baked goods, pies, local cheese, eggs and more.
- Hollin Farms: Apples, some veggies, dig your own potatoes
- Valley View Farm: Eggs, apples, pumpkins (in October)
- Great Country Farms: Apples, corn maze, farm play area, jumping pillow and more attractions. BONUS: This is across from Dirt Farm Brewery and Bluemont Vineyard, so if you’re looking for an adult treat after the kids play, just cross the street!
More details on local fall festivals is coming soon… stay tuned!
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
It’s going to be a cold and rainy weekend in Fairfax County, thanks to Tropical Storm Ophelia. Tracking to make landfall in North Carolina today (Friday), the storm is expected to reach Northern Virginia tonight.
Alo Yoga is one of three clothing stores to open in Tysons Galleria this September (courtesy Alo Yoga) Tysons Galleria’s commitment to serving up high-end retail continues with the recent…
The Boro in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County is considering a pilot program to support more murals in its commercial revitalization areas. The pilot program, called Paint…
The current Maple Avenue streetscape across from the Vienna Town Green (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Generally speaking, florals for spring may not be groundbreaking, but the Town of Vienna…