Mid-spring is evidently the season to get a taste of restaurants around Fairfax County.
For those who didn’t fill up on samplers from this past weekend’s festivals in Vienna and Annandale, Tysons Corner Center will launch its own “Taste of” celebration to promote restaurants at the mall on Saturday (May 6).
Held from 1-4 p.m. on the Plaza, the first annual Taste of Tysons Corner Center will feature samples from over 40 eateries, a beer garden from Barrel & Bushel, cooking demonstrations, and live entertainment.
The full schedule from a media alert:
1-2PM: Tour Tysons Corner Center for a “Taste Of” 40+ participating restaurants.
- Check in at the Tysons Corner tent on The Plaza for your “Passport to Delicious: Eatery Guide”.
- Get your Passport stamped at every sampling table to be entered to win the Grand Prize (Nespresso VertuoPlus machine and $200 Eddie V’s gift card).
- Enjoy the music of Under The Covers Band live on The Plaza stage.
2-3PM: Cooking Demos and Chef Appearances on The Plaza from:
- Barrel & Bushel’s (and Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner’s) Executive Chef Daron Lee
- Seasons 52’s Executive Chef Partner Matt Beverley
- Nordstrom Ebar Manager Kris Kozosky
- Shake Shack: Shake-making with General Manager Sam Posey
- Wasabi: Sushi Rolling 101 with Alex Lee
3-4PM: So Fetch will perform live on The Plaza stage.
There will also be a photo booth and a tent for a “Spin the Wheel” game with restaurant gift cards as the prizes.
While the overall event is free, there’s a VIP lounge with a complimentary oyster bar and tuna tartar from Eddie V’s Prime Seafood, food and alcohol tastings from Seasons 52, and a build-your-own-taco bar from La Sandia.
Tickets to the VIP lounge cost $25, with all proceeds going to the nonprofit Food for Others.
A full list of the participating restaurants can be found on the mall’s website.
Pickleball courts are being considered for a warehouse at 8520 Tyco Road (via Google Maps) Pickleball courts may be in store for a warehouse on Tyco Road, a still-industrial section…
Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected] If…
Volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocates get sworn in by the Fairfax County Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court (courtesy Fairfax CASA) Fairfax County’s child welfare system has seen abuse and…
Vienna Police (file photo) Vienna police are searching for a person who robbed a postal worker while armed with a knife and pepper spray on Friday (June 2). Officers responded…