Happy New Year Fairfax!
As we are jumping right into 2023, I want to connect you with our Fairfax family and help you achieve your 2023 goals. Based on several surveys, here are the top 6 New Year’s Resolutions — I like to call them Goals — along with links to local and digital resources for each.
Exercise More: many of these businesses are offering membership sales this month.
Eat Healthier: bowls, smoothies, and organic produce are still popular!
- Playa Bowls
- Naked Lunch
- True Food Kitchen
- Boyla Fresh Bold Kitchen
- Roots Natural Kitchen
- South Block
- PLNT Burger
Save More Money: Advisors suggest you begin with a budget, review your expenses, and set financial goals. Check out these Best Money Saving Apps suggested by Bankrate.com.
- Digit — Best for optimizing savings decisions
- Qapital — Best for those who are motivated by visuals
- Long Game — Best for a game-like experience
- Chime — Best for effortless savings
- Current — Best for young adults seeking a banking alternative
- Acorns — Best for novice investors
- Mint — Best for financial newcomers
- Qoins — Best for those with debt
Spend More Time with Family and Friends: a game night at home is always fun, but here are some ideas to get out and about together!
- MUSE — paint bar
- Bad Axe — axe throwing
- Board & Brush — DIY wood sign workshop
- The Winery at Bull Run
- Maple Ave Restaurant — try brunch at this modern European bistro
- Bowlero Tysons — 36 lanes, an arcade, air hockey, you could even join a league
- Escapology — Fairfax’s live escape room
- Chubby Squirrel Tasting Room — and the crispy tots are great, too!
- The Boro — check out events and the latest restaurants in this vibrant neighborhood
- The Block Foodhall — food, ice cream, and a bar
- Go for a run or walk — check out some of my favorite trails here
Reduce Stress: these popular meditation apps are great tools to help with relaxation and better sleep.
Refresh Yourself: save at least one night a week to do something that refreshes you.
- Order in your life
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Listen to music
- Serve others/volunteer
Explore Fairfax with Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney.
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
The Foster Glen townhomes in Oak Hill are the only development in Fairfax County currently selling workforce dwelling units at 120% AMI (via Google Maps) In the future, people who…
Fairfax County police have arrested two men who allegedly broke into a house in the McLean area earlier this week and robbed and assaulted its residents at gunpoint.
Kilmer Middle School in Tysons has stepped up the presence of its security team today (Friday) in response to an alleged threat of gun violence heard during a fight.
In a message sent to parents at 3:10 p.m. yesterday (Thursday), principal Steven McFarlane said the school had been “made aware of an alleged threat of gun violence that was overheard by students during a fight” that afternoon.
Behind the Rotunda Condominiums in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Low Interest in Virginia’s Medical Cannabis Program — “A new study that takes a close look at Virginia’s medical…