The weekend is almost here. Before you double check your Congressional district or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Upcoming gastropub restaurant in Reston reignites family legacy, pays ode to Lake Anne
- Nothing Bundt Cakes bakery arrives in Herndon, will offer free ‘bundtlets’ at grand opening
- JUST IN: Truck hits McLean power line, killing man and prompting outage
- BREAKING: Assistant arrested for allegedly assaulting special needs student at Dogwood ES
- Developer seeks to convert Tysons office building into ‘live/work’ units
- DEVELOPING: Pedestrian in hospital after crash in Pike 7 Plaza parking lot
- FCPS ‘reviewing’ Virginia’s proposed policies on treatment of transgender students
- Metro board takes key step to setting opening date of Silver Line Phase II
- Proposed ‘home share’ program could help house older county residents
- Reston planning committee approves Vantage Hill redevelopment
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend, Fairfax County!
A man walks a dog into McLean Central Park (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Special Education Disparities Persist in FCPS — “Students with disabilities in Fairfax County Public Schools perform…
Holly Seibold and Karl Frisch are vying to become the Democratic nominee for Virginia’s 35th House District (courtesy Laura Goyer Photography, Friends of Karl Frisch) As early voting for the…
Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected] Tomorrow…
Vienna Police (file photo) Recent violent incidents around Vienna included a confrontation between a man and two others leaving his apartment and a battle between a local resident and an…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.