The weekend is almost here. Before you double check your Congressional district or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Upcoming gastropub restaurant in Reston reignites family legacy, pays ode to Lake Anne
- Nothing Bundt Cakes bakery arrives in Herndon, will offer free ‘bundtlets’ at grand opening
- JUST IN: Truck hits McLean power line, killing man and prompting outage
- BREAKING: Assistant arrested for allegedly assaulting special needs student at Dogwood ES
- Developer seeks to convert Tysons office building into ‘live/work’ units
- DEVELOPING: Pedestrian in hospital after crash in Pike 7 Plaza parking lot
- FCPS ‘reviewing’ Virginia’s proposed policies on treatment of transgender students
- Metro board takes key step to setting opening date of Silver Line Phase II
- Proposed ‘home share’ program could help house older county residents
- Reston planning committee approves Vantage Hill redevelopment
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend, Fairfax County!
Graham Center in West Falls Church (via Google Maps) Graham Center’s days may be numbered. The 61-year-old retail strip in West Falls Church has been targeted by the not-for-profit health…
St. Paul’s Lutheran Church is seeking to sell part of its property in Idylwood, including a now-vacant building, to a housing developer so it can expand its sanctuary (via Google…
Part of the “Sun Boat” sculpture at Lake Anne Plaza in Reston (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) IRS to Roll Out Free Tax Filing Website — “The IRS’s new Direct…
Fairfax Connector workers have launched a strike after months of negotiations for a new labor contract with Transdev, the company that operates Fairfax County’s bus service. The bus system suspended all service, starting at 9 a.m.