Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
I would really love for these 85 degree humid days to subside already!
I’m so happy football has started, now I’m ready for sweatshirts, fire pits and more fall things, including apple picking! Make sure you’re checking their social media and/or websites to verify when they’re open.
Some orchards/farms close down if it’s raining, or if they’ve been over picked to allow more fruit to ripen. Many will also have fall festivals if you check websites to make a whole day of it.
- Marker-Miller Orchards: Apple picking plus lots of options to purchase in their farm market.
- Homestead Farm: Apples and pumpkins during the end of September.
- Hartland Farm and Orchard: Apples and pumpkins.
- Crooked Run Orchard: Apples and pears. Check their Facebook page for updates and hours.
- Stribling Orchard: Apples and pumpkins.
- Mackintosh Fruit Farm: Apples, Asian pears, yellow peaches, cucumbers, peppers, eggplants, tomatoes and flowers.
- Rock Hill Orchard: Ice Cream, apples (require reservations), peaches and flowers.
- Hollin Farms: Apples, some veggies, dig your own potatoes.
- Valley View Farm: Apples, pears and pumpkins (October), they also have an extensive Locavore Farm Market with a lot of products to try.
- Great Country Farms: Apples, corn maze, farm play area, jumping pillow and more attractions. You can buy tickets to their Apple Fest until September 30. Starting on September 17 you can also pick your own pumpkin. BONUS: This is across from Dirt Farm Breweryand Bluemont Vineyard, so if you’re looking for an adult treat after the kids play, just cross the street!
A Falls Church man has been arrested in connection to a sexual assault at the Quarry Inn Motel (7179 Lee Highway) in September. Erick Vladamir Chacon Martinez, 23, was taken…
Boaters and geese can be seen in the distance on Lake Accotink (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The best path forward for saving Lake Accotink might to let it shrink,…
Tysons Galleria has lost another dining option.
Jiwa Singapura, which sought to blend Singaporean street food with a “high-end” setting, closed its doors on Monday, Dec. 4 after less than 10 months of operations.
A vehicle passes 1676 International, an office building in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Justice HS Student Dies From Drug Overdose — “Officials notified the community of the fatal…