Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
Let’s be honest, where we live things can get expensive really fast. So it’s nice when businesses offer summer discounts for kids. I’ve compiled a list of the things I know about, but please add in the comments if there are other opportunities that you know of!
- The Boro at Tysons: $6.50 matinees on Tuesdays
- Summer Movie Clubhouse: $1.50 movie tickets on specific movies each Wednesday throughout the summer (Scoob!, Sing 2, Paw Patrol, Tom & Jerry, Peter Rabbit 2, Clifford).
- Regal Fairfax Summer Movie Express: $2 movies on Tuesdays and Wednesdays through the summer.
- Mosaic Films in the Park: Free movies every Thursday at 7 p.m. on the big screen through August 25.
- Tysons Outdoor Family Movie Nights: A 7 p.m. start time on the last Friday of each month (Cruella, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Raya and the Last Dragon).
- Starlight Cinema: Drive-in cinema with free movies on Saturday evenings at 7 p.m. in August only (Luca, Encanto, Sing 2, The Mitchells vs. The Machines).
- Cocoa Vienna has $1 days for special treats: Monday Chocolate Dipped Pretzel, Tuesday Chocolate Dipped Strawberry, Wednesday “Deal of the Day”, Thursday Chocolate Dipped Frozen Banana, Friday Chocolate Dipped Oreo
- Bowling: Bowlero has a summer pass where kids can bowl 3 games everyday for 1 price (check the locations as they have different pricing, which includes shoe rental).
- Potomac Nationals Game in Fredericksburg has $2 Tuesdays plus other promotions, Fireworks Fridays, and other fun events.
- Free Baseball Games: Follow the Ripken Collegiate Baseball League games at South County High School.
- NVCL College League also has free baseball games at Madison HS, Waters Field, and Westfield HS.
- Summer Reading programs offered through Fairfax County public libraries. Once the kids collect 10 badges (explore what that means), they can collect prizes for finishing the program!
- Barnes and Noble also has a reading program where kids read 8 books and they can pick a free book on a specific list based on grade.
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
A menorah statue is lit up for Yom Kippur at the corner of Chain Bridge Road and Horseshoe Road in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Get Prepared for Flu…
A new, permanent traffic pattern will take effect at Route 7 and Lewinsville Road on Sept. 26 (via VDOT) One portion of the ongoing project to widen northern Route 7…
Get ready to explore the realm of artificial intelligence in an exciting first-of-its-kind film series showcasing some of the most iconic and thought-provoking movies in the genre. The entire series,…
Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA and D.C. with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected]. As…