Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
Let’s be honest, where we live things can get expensive really fast. So it’s nice when businesses offer summer discounts for kids. I’ve compiled a list of the things I know about, but please add in the comments if there are other opportunities that you know of!
- The Boro at Tysons: $6.50 matinees on Tuesdays
- Summer Movie Clubhouse: $1.50 movie tickets on specific movies each Wednesday throughout the summer (Scoob!, Sing 2, Paw Patrol, Tom & Jerry, Peter Rabbit 2, Clifford).
- Regal Fairfax Summer Movie Express: $2 movies on Tuesdays and Wednesdays through the summer.
- Mosaic Films in the Park: Free movies every Thursday at 7 p.m. on the big screen through August 25.
- Tysons Outdoor Family Movie Nights: A 7 p.m. start time on the last Friday of each month (Cruella, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Raya and the Last Dragon).
- Starlight Cinema: Drive-in cinema with free movies on Saturday evenings at 7 p.m. in August only (Luca, Encanto, Sing 2, The Mitchells vs. The Machines).
- Cocoa Vienna has $1 days for special treats: Monday Chocolate Dipped Pretzel, Tuesday Chocolate Dipped Strawberry, Wednesday “Deal of the Day”, Thursday Chocolate Dipped Frozen Banana, Friday Chocolate Dipped Oreo
- Bowling: Bowlero has a summer pass where kids can bowl 3 games everyday for 1 price (check the locations as they have different pricing, which includes shoe rental).
- Potomac Nationals Game in Fredericksburg has $2 Tuesdays plus other promotions, Fireworks Fridays, and other fun events.
- Free Baseball Games: Follow the Ripken Collegiate Baseball League games at South County High School.
- NVCL College League also has free baseball games at Madison HS, Waters Field, and Westfield HS.
- Summer Reading programs offered through Fairfax County public libraries. Once the kids collect 10 badges (explore what that means), they can collect prizes for finishing the program!
- Barnes and Noble also has a reading program where kids read 8 books and they can pick a free book on a specific list based on grade.
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
Pickleball players celebrate the opening of the courts at Glyndon Park (staff photo by Jay Westcott) The nationwide face-off between pickleball enthusiasts and homeowners has arrived in the Town of Vienna….
The Tysons location you want. The luxurious features and finishes you desire. The thoughtful amenities you deserve. This is Monarch — Tysons’ only new high-rise condominium building — opening Spring…
The shop 520 Ice Cream and Tea has closed at the Mosaic District after five years (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The Mosaic District is no longer home to the…
Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Chair Jeff McKay (file photo) Fairfax County’s top priorities for 2023 will be increasing mental health services, boosting police retention, addressing commercial office vacancies, and…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.