Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected]
If you’ve lived in Vienna for any length of time, you’ve heard about the long wait times for local pools.
Pro Tip: if you’re selling a home and you have a pool membership make sure you advertise that! It’s a huge selling feature as the buyer can buy your membership. There are 6 main pools in the area, which I’ll list below, but this list is for anyone who is looking for other options to find water: local pools, spraygrounds and splash pads.
My kids are past the splash pad age, so if I’ve missed anything new please share with the readers below!
Local Vienna Pools
Spray grounds, Splash Pads and Waterparks
- The Boro Splash Pad — 15 jet splash pad at the Boro Park. Waiting to hear if they’re on yet for the season.
- Our Special Harbor (6601 Telegraph Road, Franconia) — This Chesapeake Bay themed splash park has a water maze, dumping crab basket, spray fountains, misting flowers and interactive water tables. Aquatic shoes or sandals with a back strap are required for kids under 15. There’s also a carousel.
- The Water Mine Family Swimmin’ Hole (400 Lake Fairfax Drive, Reston) — Here you’ll find a pool, slides, a lazy river, an area for kids with a smaller slide, covered picnic areas and chairs for lounging. This is a great option for day trips to a pool if you’re not a member of any of the local pools. We bought a family pass our first summer in Vienna when we weren’t members of a pool yet, and it was a great way to pass the summer. We have also done birthday parties here — so much fun!
- Ocean Dunes Waterpark (6060 Wilson Blvd, Arlington) — Explore multiple pools for different ages, large slides, a “sprayground” with a dumping bucket and many areas for lounging in the sun. It’s also adjacent to an 18-hole mini-golf course — another great way to pass a lazy day!
- Volcano Island Waterpark (20015 Volcano Drive, Sterling): — This is another great option with a pool, “sprayground,” slides and a dumping bucket.
- Atlantis Waterpark (7700 Bull Run Drive, Centreville) — Keep the kids busy with waterslides, pools, a play island with smaller slides and a huge 500-gallon dumping bucket.
- Great Waves Waterpark (4001 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria) — For the adventurous, this park includes speed slides, waterslides, a wave pool and a small kids’ zone for the younger crowd. There’s also a mini-golf course, batting cages, playground and cabanas.
Other Pool Options
Reston Lifetime Fitness — They have an outdoor pool, but you also get access to the rest of the gym
Sport and Health Tysons — Indoor and outdoor pools, in addition to access to the full club.
McLean and Fairfax Pools – many have openings and no wait!
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
Virginia Tech’s Northern Virginia Center in Idylwood (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Less than two years after overhauling its plan for the West Falls Church Metro station area in Idylwood…
Professional development right in Tysons Corner Effective leaders — across all disciplines and levels — are crucial to the success of any organization and it is mission critical to invest…
(Updated at 2:05 p.m.) Many D.C. area residents who have ventured outside today (Monday) have reported a smoky or burning smell from a wildfire unfolding in North Carolina. The scent…
Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected] Whether…