Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected]
If you’ve lived in Vienna for any length of time, you’ve heard about the long wait times for local pools.
Pro Tip: if you’re selling a home and you have a pool membership make sure you advertise that! It’s a huge selling feature as the buyer can buy your membership. There are 6 main pools in the area, which I’ll list below, but this list is for anyone who is looking for other options to find water: local pools, spraygrounds and splash pads.
My kids are past the splash pad age, so if I’ve missed anything new please share with the readers below!
Local Vienna Pools
Spray grounds, Splash Pads and Waterparks
- The Boro Splash Pad — 15 jet splash pad at the Boro Park. Waiting to hear if they’re on yet for the season.
- Our Special Harbor (6601 Telegraph Road, Franconia) — This Chesapeake Bay themed splash park has a water maze, dumping crab basket, spray fountains, misting flowers and interactive water tables. Aquatic shoes or sandals with a back strap are required for kids under 15. There’s also a carousel.
- The Water Mine Family Swimmin’ Hole (400 Lake Fairfax Drive, Reston) — Here you’ll find a pool, slides, a lazy river, an area for kids with a smaller slide, covered picnic areas and chairs for lounging. This is a great option for day trips to a pool if you’re not a member of any of the local pools. We bought a family pass our first summer in Vienna when we weren’t members of a pool yet, and it was a great way to pass the summer. We have also done birthday parties here — so much fun!
- Ocean Dunes Waterpark (6060 Wilson Blvd, Arlington) — Explore multiple pools for different ages, large slides, a “sprayground” with a dumping bucket and many areas for lounging in the sun. It’s also adjacent to an 18-hole mini-golf course — another great way to pass a lazy day!
- Volcano Island Waterpark (20015 Volcano Drive, Sterling): — This is another great option with a pool, “sprayground,” slides and a dumping bucket.
- Atlantis Waterpark (7700 Bull Run Drive, Centreville) — Keep the kids busy with waterslides, pools, a play island with smaller slides and a huge 500-gallon dumping bucket.
- Great Waves Waterpark (4001 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria) — For the adventurous, this park includes speed slides, waterslides, a wave pool and a small kids’ zone for the younger crowd. There’s also a mini-golf course, batting cages, playground and cabanas.
Other Pool Options
Reston Lifetime Fitness — They have an outdoor pool, but you also get access to the rest of the gym
Sport and Health Tysons — Indoor and outdoor pools, in addition to access to the full club.
McLean and Fairfax Pools – many have openings and no wait!
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
Santa Claus has already taken up temporary residence at Tysons Corner Center, but that won’t stop him from dropping by a couple of other spots around Tysons this week. Coming…
After almost four years of dreaming, planning and building, the team behind Ometeo is ready to introduce its spin on Tex-Mex cuisine to Tysons.
The new restaurant will open to the public for the first time at 1640 Capital One Drive tomorrow (Wednesday), Long Shot Hospitality Partner Jeremy Carman confirmed to FFXnow.
Kids with sleds cross the street to Cunningham Park Elementary School in Vienna on a snow day in January 2022 (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) A flurry of snow days…
Sunset over Fair City Mall in Fairfax City (photo by Susan Woolsey) FCPD Steps Up DUI Enforcement for Holiday Season — “During this campaign, running from December 4 to December…