Person rescued from fire at 122-year-old Vienna home on Saturday

Vienna was shaken on Saturday (April 16) when a fire tore through a house that has stood in the town for more than a century.

Units from the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department were called to the 100 block of Park Street NE around 4:28 a.m. for a house fire.

The fire started on the house’s second floor, caused by “spontaneous combustion of home improvement materials such as sawdust, floor stain cans and rags,” the FCFRD reported today (Monday).

Read more…

Recent Stories

Anyone traveling overnight around I-66 in Vienna may have to take some substantial detours. The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) said overnight closures are planned on Nutley Street S and…

McLean-based Golden Boot Soccer has been a leader in youth soccer skill development and fun for nearly 30 years, and this summer features even more of their popular camps. These…

The solar power installation company Ipsun Solar at the 2023 Vienna Green Expo (courtesy Town of Vienna) In Fairfax County, sheep mow lawns, beekeepers remove misplaced swarms and gardeners teach…

Morning Notes

The Ritz Carlton and Tysons Galleria from Route 123 (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Chantilly Man Charged with Possession of Child Sexual Abuse Material — “Detectives from our Child Abuse…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list