Firefighters rescue two cats from McLean house fire, transport person to hospital with minor injuries

Firefighters rescued two cats from a house fire in McLean last night (Monday) caused by a kerosene lamp.

One of two occupants was transported to a hospital with minor injuries, the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department wrote in a news release.

Investigators determined that the fire started at the house in the 6800 block of Churchill Road after an occupant accidentally spilled kerosene when refilling a kerosene-fueled lamp. When the lamp was turned on, the kerosene ignited and spread to nearby combustibles in a first-floor bedroom, the release said.

Read more…

Recent Stories

Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Spring is a magical time in…

Symmetry Salon Studios, a local salon chain with locations around Maryland, has opened a new location at the edge of Vienna, near Dunn Loring. The new salon is in the…

Morning Notes

Morning at The Boro in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) County Sues Owners of Burned Annandale Buildings — “Fairfax County has filed suit against the owners of the buildings…

Anyone traveling overnight around I-66 in Vienna may have to take some substantial detours. The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) said overnight closures are planned on Nutley Street S and…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list