The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean, and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Monday (Aug. 30)
- Blood Drive — 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Boro Station Conference Room (1775 Greenboro Station Place) — The Boro is partnering with the American Red Cross to host a blood drive. Sign-up slots are going fast so make sure to register ahead of time to donate blood to save lives.
Wednesday (Sept. 1)
- Classic Albums Live: Led Zeppelin IV at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — The cover band Classic Albums Live will perform the album “Led Zeppelin IV” in its entirety, including “Stairway to Heaven” and “Rock and Roll.” Gates open at 6:30 p.m., and tickets start at $27.
Thursday (Sept. 2)
- Summer Live Music Series: David Thong Band — 5:30-8 p.m. on the Upper Promenade near Boro Park (8350 Broad St.) — This week’s live music performance at The Boro features the David Thong Band. RSVP for more information.
- Films in the Park: La La Land — 7:30-9:30 p.m. at Strawberry Park (2910 District Ave.) — The Mosaic District’s movie series continues with “La La Land.” The film is rated PG-13 and will run for two hours and eight minutes. Grab your picnic blanket and join your neighbors at Strawberry Park for a movie night!
Friday (Sept. 3)
- Broadway in the Park at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — Celebrating the return of live theater, Broadway stars Renée Elise Goldsberry and Brian Stokes Mitchell, along with Signature Theater cast members, will perform show-tune favorites like “Don’t Rain on My Parade” and “The Schuyler Sisters.” Gates open at 6:30 p.m., and tickets start at $32.
- Plaza Live! featuring Matthew West — 6:30 p.m. at The Plaza at Tysons Corner Center (1961 Chain Bridge Road) — The WGTS 91.9 Summer Concert on the Plaza is back with a free outdoor concert. Four-time Grammy nominee Matthew West is a Christian pop singer with more than 130 songwriting credits. The concert will start at 6:30 p.m. Bring a blanket or chair to sit on and enjoy the concert.
Saturday (Sept. 4)
- Darius Rucker at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — Former Hootie & the Blowfish lead singer and guitarist Darius Rucker is coming to Wolf Trap for a solo act. His solo career started in 2008, and he has since had four number one songs on the Billboard Country chart. Gates open at 6:30 p.m. and tickets start at $47.
Monday (Sept. 6)
- Labor Day Car Show — 8 a.m.-3 p.m. in the City of Fairfax — The annual Labor Day Car Show hosted by Fairfax City and the Clifton Lions Club is back for its 22nd year after turning into a “Wave Parade” for 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There will be more show cars, food options, entertainment, and spectators than ever, and all proceeds go to local charities.
Photo via Classic Albums Live/Facebook
Whether you are ready to move-in now or would prefer to personalize a new home from the ground up, Brookfield Residential is here to help make owning a brand new…
A sample design of the county’s redesigned website (via Fairfax County) Fairfax County is refreshing its website. A website redesign is currently underway as the county looks to update “the…
Black Santa will return to Tysons Galleria this weekend (courtesy Santas Just Like Me) Tysons Galleria is getting a triple dose of Santa Claus this December. In addition to the…
The proposed Flats at Tysons Corner condo development includes a 14,500-square-foot urban park (via Fairfax County) Plans for an 86-unit condominium development by Fairfax Square in Tysons will go to…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.