The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean, and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Monday (Aug. 30)
- Blood Drive — 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Boro Station Conference Room (1775 Greenboro Station Place) — The Boro is partnering with the American Red Cross to host a blood drive. Sign-up slots are going fast so make sure to register ahead of time to donate blood to save lives.
Wednesday (Sept. 1)
- Classic Albums Live: Led Zeppelin IV at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — The cover band Classic Albums Live will perform the album “Led Zeppelin IV” in its entirety, including “Stairway to Heaven” and “Rock and Roll.” Gates open at 6:30 p.m., and tickets start at $27.
Thursday (Sept. 2)
- Summer Live Music Series: David Thong Band — 5:30-8 p.m. on the Upper Promenade near Boro Park (8350 Broad St.) — This week’s live music performance at The Boro features the David Thong Band. RSVP for more information.
- Films in the Park: La La Land — 7:30-9:30 p.m. at Strawberry Park (2910 District Ave.) — The Mosaic District’s movie series continues with “La La Land.” The film is rated PG-13 and will run for two hours and eight minutes. Grab your picnic blanket and join your neighbors at Strawberry Park for a movie night!
Friday (Sept. 3)
- Broadway in the Park at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — Celebrating the return of live theater, Broadway stars Renée Elise Goldsberry and Brian Stokes Mitchell, along with Signature Theater cast members, will perform show-tune favorites like “Don’t Rain on My Parade” and “The Schuyler Sisters.” Gates open at 6:30 p.m., and tickets start at $32.
- Plaza Live! featuring Matthew West — 6:30 p.m. at The Plaza at Tysons Corner Center (1961 Chain Bridge Road) — The WGTS 91.9 Summer Concert on the Plaza is back with a free outdoor concert. Four-time Grammy nominee Matthew West is a Christian pop singer with more than 130 songwriting credits. The concert will start at 6:30 p.m. Bring a blanket or chair to sit on and enjoy the concert.
Saturday (Sept. 4)
- Darius Rucker at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — Former Hootie & the Blowfish lead singer and guitarist Darius Rucker is coming to Wolf Trap for a solo act. His solo career started in 2008, and he has since had four number one songs on the Billboard Country chart. Gates open at 6:30 p.m. and tickets start at $47.
Monday (Sept. 6)
- Labor Day Car Show — 8 a.m.-3 p.m. in the City of Fairfax — The annual Labor Day Car Show hosted by Fairfax City and the Clifton Lions Club is back for its 22nd year after turning into a “Wave Parade” for 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There will be more show cars, food options, entertainment, and spectators than ever, and all proceeds go to local charities.
Photo via Classic Albums Live/Facebook
The weekend is almost here. Before you peek into the spirit realm or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit recent news from the Tysons area that you…
The Fairfax County Department of Transportation has extended the Oct. 18 deadline for its community survey on proposed changes to bus service in Centreville, Chantilly, Vienna, Tysons, and neighboring areas,…
Portales Aloso waited an hour on Tuesday (Oct. 19) for a Metro train from Reston into D.C. The wait on Wednesday was 20 minutes. He was among countless commuters in…
Luxury electric vehicle manufacturer Lucid Motors passed a crucial step yesterday (Wednesday) toward getting its first service and delivery center in the D.C. area. The company is seeking to open…