The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean, and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Wednesday (July 7)
- Watchhouse at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at the Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — Formerly called Mandolin Orange, North Carolina duo Andrew Marlin and Emily Frantz presents a new musical journey under the name Watchhouse. Tickets will be sold in socially distanced pods for two to eight people. No single tickets are available. Questions can be directed to Wolf Trap’s patron services at 703-255-1868 or email [email protected]
Thursday (July 8)
- Big Screen on the Green: Remember the Titans — 8 p.m. at Glyndon Park (300 Glyndon St. NE) — Join your neighbors at Glyndon Park to watch “Remember the Titans,” a story about the TC Williams High School football team during their first season as an integrated squad. This is part of the Town of Vienna’s 15th Amendment Week, a celebration of the amendment that extended voting rights to all races and ethnicities.
- Beethoven and Bologne at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at Filene Center — Conductor Jonathon Heyward will make his Wolf Trap debut with the National Symphony Orchestra playing Beethoven’s “Symphony No. 7.” There will be two performances, 8 p.m. on Thursday (July 8) and Friday (July 9.) Tickets will be sold in socially distanced pods of 2 to 8 tickets with no single tickets available.
- Summer Live Music Series: Hand Painted Swinger — 5:30-8 p.m. on the Upper Promenade near Boro Park (8350 Broad St.) — This week’s live music performance at The Boro features local band Hand Painted Swinger. RSVP for more information.
- Films in the Park: The Little Giants — 7:30-9:30 p.m. at Strawberry Park (2910 District Ave.) — The Mosaic District’s Films in the Park series continues with “The Little Giants” starring Rick Moranis and Ed O’Neill. The film is rated PG and will run for one hour and forty-seven minutes. Grab your picnic blanket and join your neighbors at Strawberry Park for a movie night!
Saturday (July 10)
- Aria Jukebox at Wolf Trap (Online) — 7 p.m. — Tune in to watch Wolf Trap Opera artists sing opera highlights on the Wolf Trap website or their Facebook page. Donate a minimum of $10 on the Wolf Trap page to vote on what the artist will perform.
- Max Weinberg’s Jukebox at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at the Filene Center — Join Max Weinberg and company in an audience’s choice concert. There will be two performances: 8 p.m. on Saturday (July 10) and Sunday (July 11.) Tickets will be sold in socially distanced pods of 2 to 8 tickets. No single tickets are available.
Sunday (July 11)
- Summer Sunday Concert — 5 p.m. at McLean Central Park Gazebo (1468 Dolley Madison Blvd.) — McLean’s Summer Concert Series welcomes the Rush tribute band Sun Dogs. Formed after Rush’s final tour, Sun Dogs aim to reproduce the Canadian band’s iconic rock music.
- Blood Drive — 7:45 a.m.-12:05 p.m. at Lewinsville Church (1724 Chain Bridge Road) — The Lewinsville Presbyterian Church will host its quarterly blood drive with INOVA Blood Services. The bloodmobile will be parked in the main parking lot near the music entrance. Masks are required, and donors must bring a photo ID. For more information and to sign up ahead of time, visit the Lewinsville Presbyterian Church website. Walk-ins are welcome!
Photo via Sun Dogs/Facebook
The weekend is almost here. Before you peek into the spirit realm or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit recent news from the Tysons area that you…
The Fairfax County Department of Transportation has extended the Oct. 18 deadline for its community survey on proposed changes to bus service in Centreville, Chantilly, Vienna, Tysons, and neighboring areas,…
Portales Aloso waited an hour on Tuesday (Oct. 19) for a Metro train from Reston into D.C. The wait on Wednesday was 20 minutes. He was among countless commuters in…
Luxury electric vehicle manufacturer Lucid Motors passed a crucial step yesterday (Wednesday) toward getting its first service and delivery center in the D.C. area. The company is seeking to open…