Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
Happy summer! If you find yourself with a lighter work schedule and still working from home, this post is for you.
After a really, really long time of no date nights thanks to COVID, I hope to make time for day dates this summer. I am sharing my ideas for some R&R and quality vitamin D.
- Grab-and-go sandwich and a hike at Great Falls. Pro tip: If you go to the Virginia side and go left, there are some quiet, shady spaces to sit down on the rocks and eat and enjoy the view. Scott’s Run is also a nice walk/hike and a place to bring lunch.
- If you belong to a pool — or get a day pass to any of the local pools — go! If you’re a parent, you often feel guilty going without a kid. Don’t. Time spent in the sun with a book or headphones really does a lot for stress relief if you’re a sun/water person.
- Revisit my post from last year on day trip beach locations.
- For something totally different than the average day, check out Go Ape adventure course (locations in Springfield or Williamsburg). Find a 320-foot zip line, ropes course, monkey drop and more. (Groups of 4 or more can use 4PLUS10 for 10% off weekdays.)
- Treat yourself to ice cream at Jeni’s at The Boro. There are plenty of seats nearby. Open noon to 10 p.m. daily.
- Movies! Yes, movies! I love Angelika because it’s close, but I also love the Fairfax Cinemark because they have reclining seats. They’ve also been really great about cleaning between showings, and when you reserve your seats, they block off one on either side of you. If you want a day date idea with a kid, they have an awesome summer promo where, every Wednesday, tickets are $1.50 per movie through Aug. 4. Check out movies like “The Lego Movie 2,” “Angry Birds 2,” “Minions” and “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.”
Hope you have an amazing summer!
A sign for Graham Park Plaza in West Falls Church (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County is looking into adjusting its signage rules to allow for brighter and bigger…
A crowd gathers on a sunny Saturday for the annual ViVa Vienna festival (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fair Lakes Sidewalk Closed for Construction — “The sidewalk along eastbound Fair…
(Updated at 6:30 p.m.) Two people have died, and two more have been hospitalized in an apparent shooting and stabbing at the Tysons View Apartments in Idylwood. A 20-year-old man…
(Updated at 4:25 p.m.) A rock fight disrupted a warm Saturday afternoon for two Vienna households last week, though who exactly was throwing the rocks is a matter of some…