Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
The weather yesterday couldn’t have been nicer, and it has me already itching for summer! Lazy days at the pool, beach trips and no more computer screens.
It got me thinking: Where can we take a dip in an indoor pool these days? Coupled with a daytime “staycation,” a nice swim might help break up the days.
- Fairfax County Pools: Buy tickets a week in advance (Sunday tickets open up for the Monday a week away, etc. On April 4, tickets go on sale for April 12.)
- Spring Hill Rec Center — McLean
- Oak Marr Rec Center — Oakton
- Cub Run Rec Center — Chantilly
- Providence Rec Center — Annandale
- Lifetime Fitness (Fairfax or Reston): Call and ask about passes/times
- Machine Performance Center (Vienna): Over 18 only for open swim
- George Mason Aquatic Center (Fairfax): See hours online and call for more details
- My favorite idea: Book the cheapest hotel room possible with an indoor pool (like the Hilton Garden Inn in Falls Church), go swimming and then let the kids watch a movie. A lot of the indoor pools at hotels are closed due to COVID-19, so make sure you call first.