Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
The weather yesterday couldn’t have been nicer, and it has me already itching for summer! Lazy days at the pool, beach trips and no more computer screens.
It got me thinking: Where can we take a dip in an indoor pool these days? Coupled with a daytime “staycation,” a nice swim might help break up the days.
- Fairfax County Pools: Buy tickets a week in advance (Sunday tickets open up for the Monday a week away, etc. On April 4, tickets go on sale for April 12.)
- Spring Hill Rec Center — McLean
- Oak Marr Rec Center — Oakton
- Cub Run Rec Center — Chantilly
- Providence Rec Center — Annandale
- Lifetime Fitness (Fairfax or Reston): Call and ask about passes/times
- Machine Performance Center (Vienna): Over 18 only for open swim
- George Mason Aquatic Center (Fairfax): See hours online and call for more details
- My favorite idea: Book the cheapest hotel room possible with an indoor pool (like the Hilton Garden Inn in Falls Church), go swimming and then let the kids watch a movie. A lot of the indoor pools at hotels are closed due to COVID-19, so make sure you call first.
The Fairfax County Government Center (staff photo by Jay Westcott) When March arrives, the COVID-19 pandemic will no longer be an officially declared emergency in Fairfax County. After honoring individuals…
Loyal Companion is closing all of its Fairfax County stores, including one at the Mosaic District (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Loyal Companion is letting out one final howl before…
The baseball diamond at Linway Terrace Park (via Fairfax County Park Authority) The McLean Citizens Association (MCA) wants Fairfax County to reconsider its embrace of synthetic turf for athletic fields,…
Walking on Strawberry Lane in the Mosaic District (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Local Task Force Deployed to Turkey — “Members of Virginia Task Force 1 in Fairfax County are…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.