Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
What a gorgeous day! I know days like today inspire me to get things done — like sorting through broken toys, clothes my boys have outgrown or random tools scattered around my garage.
The coming spring means spring cleaning, and donating items to those who may need them. If you’re looking for ways to help the community, please consider one of these local organizations to donate your used goods:
- Community Cares Vienna: This local organization is collecting food donations for food-insecure families and coordinating efforts to provide clothing to families.
- Buy Nothing Project: Give away things for free locally Vienna’s Buy Nothing group on Facebook.
- Share of McLean (Note: Share does not accept clothing, shoes or household item donations.)
- Unique Merrifield: Unique accepts secondhand clothing and household good donations on behalf of Special Olympics Virginia.
- Goodwill in Fairfax: The donation center is open daily from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Habitat for Humanity in Herndon: You can drop off donations or schedule a pickup.
- Freecycle: The Freecycle Network is a nonprofit that allows you to give items away for free locally.
- Vietnam Veterans of America: You can schedule an online pickup at your home. They especially need clothes in addition to household goods.
- GreenDrop: They support the National Federation of the Blind, Purple Heart and American Red Cross. GreenDrop can provide you with a drop-off location or a scheduled pickup at your home.
- Women Giving Back: This nonprofit is based in Sterling, but there are drop-off sites in Vienna. They accept women’s and children’s clothing and accessories
- Suited for Change: Suited for Change is accepting women’s clothing donations in D.C. This is business attire and, due to COVID-19, clothing donations must be freshly dry-cleaned.
Photo via Priscilla Du Preez/Unsplash
A mayor, a governor, and four Racing Presidents stepped onto a baseball diamond, and thus began the 2021 Virginia State Little League Majors Tournament. Hundreds of young athletes and their…
Open houses this weekend include a 5 BD/3 BA Vienna home with a multi-level deck on a treed lot.
Tysons-headquartered Cvent, which provides business tools for customers to plan, market, and organize meetings and events, is headed back to the stock market. The event-management tech company announced today (Friday)…
The Countywide Strategic Plan meant to establish a community-driven vision for Fairfax County for the next 10 to 20 years is edging closer to an expected adoption by the Fairfax…