Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
What a gorgeous day! I know days like today inspire me to get things done — like sorting through broken toys, clothes my boys have outgrown or random tools scattered around my garage.
The coming spring means spring cleaning, and donating items to those who may need them. If you’re looking for ways to help the community, please consider one of these local organizations to donate your used goods:
- Community Cares Vienna: This local organization is collecting food donations for food-insecure families and coordinating efforts to provide clothing to families.
- Buy Nothing Project: Give away things for free locally Vienna’s Buy Nothing group on Facebook.
- Share of McLean (Note: Share does not accept clothing, shoes or household item donations.)
- Unique Merrifield: Unique accepts secondhand clothing and household good donations on behalf of Special Olympics Virginia.
- Goodwill in Fairfax: The donation center is open daily from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Habitat for Humanity in Herndon: You can drop off donations or schedule a pickup.
- Freecycle: The Freecycle Network is a nonprofit that allows you to give items away for free locally.
- Vietnam Veterans of America: You can schedule an online pickup at your home. They especially need clothes in addition to household goods.
- GreenDrop: They support the National Federation of the Blind, Purple Heart and American Red Cross. GreenDrop can provide you with a drop-off location or a scheduled pickup at your home.
- Women Giving Back: This nonprofit is based in Sterling, but there are drop-off sites in Vienna. They accept women’s and children’s clothing and accessories
- Suited for Change: Suited for Change is accepting women’s clothing donations in D.C. This is business attire and, due to COVID-19, clothing donations must be freshly dry-cleaned.
Photo via Priscilla Du Preez/Unsplash
A tractor-trailer caught fire on I-495 this afternoon (Wednesday), shutting down all southbound lanes at the Route 50 interchange in Merrifield. The fire appears to have sparked right as the…
Judges have named The Mather in Tysons, as the recipient of an Award of Merit for the 2022 Gold Nugget Awards, which honors architectural design and planning excellence from around…
This weekend, McLean got its first Fourth of July fireworks since the COVID-19 pandemic began in 2020 — only no one was around to see them. The McLean Community Center…
Caroline Edasis (left) and Marcy Maler guide Mather residents in Aging Well through vibrant and colorful creative arts programming. This biweekly column is sponsored by The Mather in Tysons, Virginia, a…