Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
My favorite season is upon us! Sunshine, crisp air, football and fall traditions.
One of the things I love doing with my kids in the fall is to go apple picking, which inevitably also turns into baking. As September marches on, we’re well into apple picking season and I wanted to highlight some local places to go pick your own.
There are also closer in options like DePauls, the Farmer’s Market, or Reston Farm (check out their weekend Fall Fest… more on those options coming soon!) If you are up for a drive, check out one of these options. Make sure you check ahead to see if they require timed appointments.
- Marker-Miller Orchards — 7 different options of apples, also have pumpkins and squash; also has a bakery
- Crooked Run Orchard — Apples, pears, donuts and cider
- Mackintosh Fruit Farm — Apples, pumpkins, corn, dog treats, and a kitchen with food and treats
- Hollin Farms — Apples, pears, greens, pumpkins and squash
- Great Country Farms — Apples (only 3 more weekends as of today), corn maze, farm play area, jumping pillow and more attractions. BONUS: This is across from Dirt Farm Brewery and Bluemont Vineyard — if you’re looking for an adult treat after the kids play, just cross the street!
Maybe a haunted hallway? (via Gregg Scott/Flickr) Janie Daum sometimes wishes she never got involved investigating the paranormal and speaking with spirits. “Most people that want to do it, they…
Compensation increases for employees and real estate tax cuts for residents are on the table, as the extra money keeps rolling in for the Town of Vienna. In addition to…
One person has died after two vehicles crashed in the I-495 North access lanes to Route 50 in West Falls Church this morning (Thursday), Virginia State Police reported. VSP responded…
An Italian restaurant named after a Virginia-born cowboy and featuring a “Hell’s Kitchen” chef is slated to open on Nov. 8, Jack’s Ranch tells Tysons Reporter. The restaurant, located at…