Drive-in movies are coming to Tysons outside Capital One for four weeks this summer.
While the movies are free, Capital One Center is encouraging moviegoers to make a $25 donation to Second Story, a local nonprofit that helps people seeking food, shelter and emergency support. People can also text “MOVIES” to 50155 to make a donation.
Here is the line-up:
- Saturday, July 11: “How to Train Your Dragon”
- Sunday, July 12: “Pitch Perfect”
- Saturday, July 18: “Men in Black”
- Sunday, July 19: “Grease”
- Saturday, July 25: “Shrek”
- Sunday, July 26: “A League of Their Own”
- Saturday, Aug. 1: “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”
- Sunday, Aug. 2: “Footloose”
The movies will take place at the McLean Metro lot (1820 Dolley Madison Blvd) from 7-11:30 p.m.
Moviegoers are asked to register in advance due to limited space. People will be able to get food at the movies from Curbside Kitchen.
More from the event page:
In addition to following and enforcing CDC guidelines, our event guidelines are approved by local county officials. No smoking, alcohol and drugs are permitted.
Parking has a limited capacity to ensure proper distance between cars, and guests must stay in their vehicles (except for bathroom usage). Restrooms and hand-washing stations will be provided and sanitized consistently throughout the event.
Photo by Denise Jans on Unsplash