People reported 10 vehicular crimes in Vienna throughout the week, according to police.
Four grand larcenies, four petit larcenies and two tampering incidents involving vehicles were reported between April 17-24, according to police reports.
Vehicular Issues on Elm Street
The 100 block of Elm Street SW, which is near the police station, had the most reported incidents.
One resident claimed that gift cards and sunglasses were stolen from their vehicle some time between April 17-18.
In a separate incident, a person said that their two unlocked vehicles were rummaged through early in the morning on Saturday (April 18) and that paper prescriptions were missing from one of them.
In a third report, a person said an unknown person had “rummaged through” the vehicle and had taken U.S. money some time between April 17-18.
Other Car Crimes
At School of Rock (111 Center Street S.), an employee said that he “saw his vehicle was moving in the rear parking lot” around 4:30 a.m. on Saturday (April 18), police said.
“The employee ran out to the lot and confronted a man who was in his vehicle,” police said. “The man got out of the vehicle and fled on foot southbound on Center Street.”
Here are the rest of the recent vehicle crimes:
- vehicle stolen from 1100 block of Lakewood Drive SW
- vehicle stolen from 700 block of Hillcrest Drive SW
- vehicle “rummaged through” in 100 block of Hickory Circle SW
- gift cards stolen from vehicle in 900 block of Moorefield Hill Grove SW
- U.S. currency stolen from vehicle in 200 block of Elm Street SW
- U.S. currency stolen from vehicle in 200 block of Tapawingo Road SE
Photo via Facebook