Fairfax County Public Schools is expanding the number of grab-and-go sites and adding several pop-up options throughout the county.
Students can pick up breakfast from 8-10:30 a.m. and lunch from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at one of the 39 sites in the county. The service is intended for students under the age of 18 who rely on free and reduced-price school meals. Adults can also purchase meals for $2.
On Wednesday (March 18), the county announced that its food truck will travel to nine pop-up sites in the county. The truck is expected to swing by South Lakes High School between 11-11:30 a.m.
Beginning today (Thursday), school buses will also deliver meals along some bus routes by stopping at designated intersections. The schedule is available online.
Local grab-and-go sites are below:
- Herndon Elementary School (630 Dranesville Road)
- Dogwood Elementary School (12300 Glade Drive)
- Hutchison Elementary School (13209 Parcher Avenue)
- Forest Edge Elementary School (1501 Becontree Lane)
- Coates Elementary School (2460 River Burch Road)
Photo via FCPS