Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
I’m sure you’ve seen the suggested color coded daily schedule circling Facebook in an attempt to keep the kids on a learning path during this shutdown.
In reality, it’s probably more like the one that has a block for “iPad” every other hour. While I’m sure some days will be easier than others — thanks to the good weather we’ve been having — I have pulled together a list of resources you can use to help come up with teachable moments with your kids.
There are a bunch of companies giving away their resources for free this month so use them if you have access!
- FCPS Elementary School Learning Plan by Grade
- FCPS Middle School Learning Plan by Subject
- com online classes
- 12 Museums with online tours
- Adventure Academy for kids 8-13
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Cincinnati Zoo will be doing a Facebook Live everyday at 3 p.m. EDT
- Discovery Education also has some resources here
- If you’re looking for something to do with them that’s more creative, there are so many recipes online for baking or cooking with kids
- PBS Kids has a daily newsletter with ideas for kids everyday
- The DadLab Facebook page also has some creative things to do with kids along with science experiments
- Free Coloring Books from 113 Museums
Hope you stay healthy, friends!
New Early Voting Sites Open Today — “Fairfax County will open an additional 13 early voting sites starting Thursday, Oct. 21. In total, there will be 16 voting locations available…
Fairfax County Public Schools School-based COVID-19 vaccination clinics for elementary school-aged children could be set up as soon as mid-November, Fairfax County Public Schools officials say. As reported to the…
A local chiropractic doctor recently surrendered his license after allegedly engaging in sexual misconduct with six patients. The move came just under a year after the Virginia Board of Medicine…
Meet Charlie, a brown German short-haired pointer whose manners will never prompt his owners to cry “good grief!” Though his past is unclear, his friends at Alexandria’s Mid-Atlantic GSP Rescue…