Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
Welcome to December! It’s time again for holiday light displays! Holiday lights really do make everything look more beautiful, unless you love yourself some tacky lights!
I’m redoing and updating my best holiday light displays list from last year to include some new additions. Make sure you check the hours of these light shows if it’s not just a decorative yard.
- 10203 Lawyers Road — Lawyers is a busy road, so you’ll have to drive slowly because there’s nowhere to pull over, unless you go to the street across from the house (Galloping Way).
- 10000 Garrett Street — Also on the corner of Lawyers road and Garrett, this a beautiful corner lot with white lights and décor. Very pretty!
- 117 Hickory Circle SW — This is usually a large draw for animated lights but they’ll be dark in 2019. The front of the house will have some lights and blow ups, but no show this year. Follow them on Facebook.
- 117 Kingsley Road SE — This location is blow up heaven! They have so many favorites on display including Disney characters, Santa in a sleigh being pulled by his reindeer suspended mid-air above their roof and more. Plenty of street parking so you can easily take a walk by the house.
- 118 James Drive SW — 12.5 ft tall Christmas Ferris wheel with riders! If you get out of the car, they also have a magic button to start the display. Lights and sounds on 4:30-10:30 p.m.
- 2438 Cedar Lane — Beautiful and abundant light display, including a dancing tree of lights. No music from what I could tell, but beautiful.
- 2528 Drexel Street — The Ni Family Light show is one of the hits of Vienna. There’s plenty of street parking to pull over and watch. They have a playlist that accompanies the choreographed light show. Running a new playlist for 2019 including Baby Shark, A Million Dreams from the Greatest Showman, and You’re a Mean One, Mr Grinch. The show runs 5-10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, and 5-9:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday.
- 317 Patrick Street SW — Lots of lights and blow ups. On 5-10 p.m.
Other homes with lights and blow ups: 1419 Cottage Street SW, 1405 Cottage Street SW, 922 Cottage Street SW, 401 Hillcrest Drive SW and 517 Hillcrest Drive SW.
- 1801 Beulah Road — This house has an amazing front yard that is completely decked out, including a mailbox for “Letters to Santa!” I’m not sure where those letters go, but this Christmas décor is stunning! There’s a pull off and a street across from it (Chestnut Farm Drive) if you want to pull over to take it all in.
Honorable Mention: The Vine Church (2501 Gallows Road) — The Ni Family also helps with this light show, which has over 10,000 pixels (it’s huge!)
- 1201 Balls Hill Road — Light show animated with music and blow ups.
- 7815 Birnam Wood Drive — The show runs 7-9:30 p.m. on weekdays, 6-11 p.m. on weekends. Completely covered in lights, even the lawn has light displays and blow ups.
- 6530 Heather Brook Court — Show runs from 5 p.m. to midnight daily. There is a start button and a radio station to listen to music while watching the light show. The display includes lights and tons of blow ups.
Remember, don’t go on the lawns! Stay on the sidewalk or the street and enjoy the display safely.
Are there any homes that were missed? Any other neighborhoods in the area worth a visit? If so, leave a comment with details.