Thanksgiving is tomorrow (Thursday). For people in the Tysons area, some government facilities will be closed and public transit options will be operating on modified schedules.
Here’s a list of public services that will be affected by Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
- Fairfax County government offices will be closed Thanksgiving and Friday.
- Public libraries run by Fairfax County will be closed Thanksgiving and Friday.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are on break from today (Wednesday, Nov. 27) to Friday.
- The Metrobus and Metrorail will run on holiday schedules for Thanksgiving and resume typical service on Friday.
- The Fairfax Connector will operate Sunday service on Thanksgiving Day and holiday weekday service on Friday.
- United States Postal Service offices will be closed on Thanksgiving.
- The Vienna Community Center will be open on Friday (Nov. 29) from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m.
- The Town of Vienna’s government offices will be closed Thanksgiving and Friday.
- The City of Falls Church’s government offices and buildings, the community center and the Mary Riley Styles Public Library will be closed Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
- Falls Church Community Center will be closed Thanksgiving and open from 8:30 a.m.-11 p.m. on Friday.
Speaking of closed offices, Tysons Reporter will be on a break as well on Thursday and Friday.
A duck takes a bath in Royal Lake near Burke (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The weekend is almost here. Before you double check your Congressional district or head to…
McLean High School physics/astronomy teacher Jeff Brocketti on “Wheel of Fortune” (courtesy Eric McCandless/Wheel of Fortune®/© 2022 Califon Productions, Inc. ARR) McLean High School teacher Jeffrey Brocketti can’t wait to…
> Read the comments…
Lake Audubon from bridge in Reston (photo by Ray Copson) Reminder: Early Voting Begins — “[It’s] the first day to #voteearly in the congressional #midterms! The 8th, 10th & 11th…