Thanksgiving is tomorrow (Thursday). For people in the Tysons area, some government facilities will be closed and public transit options will be operating on modified schedules.
Here’s a list of public services that will be affected by Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
- Fairfax County government offices will be closed Thanksgiving and Friday.
- Public libraries run by Fairfax County will be closed Thanksgiving and Friday.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are on break from today (Wednesday, Nov. 27) to Friday.
- The Metrobus and Metrorail will run on holiday schedules for Thanksgiving and resume typical service on Friday.
- The Fairfax Connector will operate Sunday service on Thanksgiving Day and holiday weekday service on Friday.
- United States Postal Service offices will be closed on Thanksgiving.
- The Vienna Community Center will be open on Friday (Nov. 29) from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m.
- The Town of Vienna’s government offices will be closed Thanksgiving and Friday.
- The City of Falls Church’s government offices and buildings, the community center and the Mary Riley Styles Public Library will be closed Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
- Falls Church Community Center will be closed Thanksgiving and open from 8:30 a.m.-11 p.m. on Friday.
Speaking of closed offices, Tysons Reporter will be on a break as well on Thursday and Friday.
Editor’s Note — With all 100 seats in Virginia’s House of Delegates on the ballot, Tysons Reporter is running Q&A-style profiles of the races in the Tysons area this week ahead of…
Meet Tip Toe, a short-haired tabby who has come a long way from the trash can where she was found at 4 weeks of age. Now just over 1 year…
Members of the public can now follow Tysons’ transformation from office hub to “America’s next great city” from their laptop. Fairfax County has repackaged its annual report on the implementation…
November is on the horizon, and in Virginia, that means it’s almost time for another Election Day. This year, voters will determine the Commonwealth’s future for the next four years,…