MPAartfest is returning to McLean in October with a long list of artists set to perform.
Hosted by the McLean Project for the Arts, the free festival is a one-day juried fine art show and sale that features the work of visual artists, along with mini art galleries, live music, food from local restaurants and activities. MPAartfest returns Sunday, Oct. 6.
Here’s the hour-by-hour breakdown on who’s playing:
- 10 a.m. — Djangolaya will kick off MPAartfest with gypsy jazz
- 11 a.m. — Takoma Park-based fiddler, banjoist, singer and scholar Jake Blount will perform with composer Clara Delfina
- noon — Great Guitars featuring three guitarists will take the stage
- 1 p.m. — Bumper Jacksons will bring jazz rhythms and country swing harmonies
- 2 p.m. — DC-based outfit Black Masala will perform Balkan, gypsy, klezmer sounds
- 3 p.m. — Artist Caz Gardiner will bring a 60’s-infused soul-pop sound
- 4 p.m. — Blues Alley Youth Jazz Orchestra, a 15-piece youth swing big band, will close out the festival
The lineup was curated by radio host Ken Avis, according to a press release from the art organization.
While the festival is free, donations and funds raised during the event support MPA exhibitions and programs.
MPAartfest will take place from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. in McLean Central Park (1468 Dolley Madison Blvd).
Photo courtesy McLean Project for the Arts
Fiesta del Sol will feature live music, food and drinks, and local artisans (courtesy McLean Community Center) The sun will shine into the night this Saturday (March 25), as the…
Fairfax County set height limits for flag poles, among other changes, with its zoning ordinance modernization in 2021 (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) A day after neighboring Arlington County made…
The Fairfax County Courthouse (staff photo by Jay Westcott) In response to calls for additional legal assistance, Fairfax County is poised to establish a self-help resource center in the library…
Police line up on Route 7 during an armed robbery pursuit (via @notaveryh/Twitter) Police took two people into custody yesterday (Thursday) after a reported armed robbery in Great Falls turned…