MPAartfest is returning to McLean in October with a long list of artists set to perform.
Hosted by the McLean Project for the Arts, the free festival is a one-day juried fine art show and sale that features the work of visual artists, along with mini art galleries, live music, food from local restaurants and activities. MPAartfest returns Sunday, Oct. 6.
Here’s the hour-by-hour breakdown on who’s playing:
- 10 a.m. — Djangolaya will kick off MPAartfest with gypsy jazz
- 11 a.m. — Takoma Park-based fiddler, banjoist, singer and scholar Jake Blount will perform with composer Clara Delfina
- noon — Great Guitars featuring three guitarists will take the stage
- 1 p.m. — Bumper Jacksons will bring jazz rhythms and country swing harmonies
- 2 p.m. — DC-based outfit Black Masala will perform Balkan, gypsy, klezmer sounds
- 3 p.m. — Artist Caz Gardiner will bring a 60’s-infused soul-pop sound
- 4 p.m. — Blues Alley Youth Jazz Orchestra, a 15-piece youth swing big band, will close out the festival
The lineup was curated by radio host Ken Avis, according to a press release from the art organization.
While the festival is free, donations and funds raised during the event support MPA exhibitions and programs.
MPAartfest will take place from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. in McLean Central Park (1468 Dolley Madison Blvd).
Photo courtesy McLean Project for the Arts
Fairfax County will use an estimated $10 million in COVID-19 relief money for another major grant program aimed at helping community partners keep their doors open. The Board of Supervisors…
1st Stage Theatre in Tysons has unveiled its 2021-2022 season lineup. 1st Stage is reopening its doors to patrons in August for the first time since the venue at 1524…
Recently sold properties this week include a $3.6 million six-bedroom McLean home with a 4,000-square-foot saltwater pool.
(Updated at 11:30 a.m.) Face masks are now required when students are inside Fairfax County Public School buildings, regardless of an individual’s vaccination status, the school district announced this morning…