Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
The clock is ticking on our summer fun!
Just 2 weeks to go until the kids go back to school and the adults go back to our regular schedules. But before that happens, there’s actually a lot going on around the area for some late summer fun.
You’ve got 3 weeks left at the pool, but if you’re looking for something else to do, try one of these things this week:
- Restaurant Week all over D.C. and NoVA! Find a full list of restaurant participants here. Some of my favorites include Ambar, Ford’s Fish Shack, Lyon Hall and TenPenh
- Arlington County Fair: August 14-18, see the full schedule here. Pretend you’re reliving ViVa Vienna or McLean Day!
- Kids on the Green: 10 a.m. at the Town Green, kids performers
- Chillin’ on Church: 6:30 p.m. on the Town Green with a live band, food trucks, activities for kids and beer truck!
- Kids Obstacle Course at McLean Central Park: Saturday, August 17 at 9:30 a.m. Buy $10 tickets here. The Vienna Kids Adventure Race was last weekend and so much fun! If you’ve never done this, I highly recommend for the under 10 crowd.
- Cirque du Soleil: Volta Under The Big Top; Definitely not too dark for the whole family but a great excuse for a date night!
Also I’d love some reader input! If you have a favorite getaway for a day, drop it in the comments below.
Do you like going to Sandy Point for a beach day? Know a better spot? Let me know!
Existing public facilities are in red, while planned ones are blue (via Fairfax County) Fairfax County has made some progress over the past decade in introducing public amenities to support…
Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected] GO…
(Updated at 1:05 p.m.) A power outage has left construction workers on a high-rise in Tysons stranded 13 stories in the air. Fairfax County Fire and Rescue units are on…
The GW Parkway is being temporarily widened for a project to rehabilitate its northern section (courtesy NPS) Here’s more on what to expect during this stage of construction from NPS:…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.