Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
The clock is ticking on our summer fun!
Just 2 weeks to go until the kids go back to school and the adults go back to our regular schedules. But before that happens, there’s actually a lot going on around the area for some late summer fun.
You’ve got 3 weeks left at the pool, but if you’re looking for something else to do, try one of these things this week:
- Restaurant Week all over D.C. and NoVA! Find a full list of restaurant participants here. Some of my favorites include Ambar, Ford’s Fish Shack, Lyon Hall and TenPenh
- Arlington County Fair: August 14-18, see the full schedule here. Pretend you’re reliving ViVa Vienna or McLean Day!
- Kids on the Green: 10 a.m. at the Town Green, kids performers
- Chillin’ on Church: 6:30 p.m. on the Town Green with a live band, food trucks, activities for kids and beer truck!
- Kids Obstacle Course at McLean Central Park: Saturday, August 17 at 9:30 a.m. Buy $10 tickets here. The Vienna Kids Adventure Race was last weekend and so much fun! If you’ve never done this, I highly recommend for the under 10 crowd.
- Cirque du Soleil: Volta Under The Big Top; Definitely not too dark for the whole family but a great excuse for a date night!
Also I’d love some reader input! If you have a favorite getaway for a day, drop it in the comments below.
Do you like going to Sandy Point for a beach day? Know a better spot? Let me know!
The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area. We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna,…
Inova Bloodmobile (via Inova Blood Donor Services/Facebook) Local blood supplies have reached critically low levels, creating a potential crisis with hospitals operating at maximum capacity, Inova Health Systems reports. The…
Metro Announces Reduced Service Today — “As part of the investigation into the Blue Line derailment, Metro is holding out of service all of its 7000-series railcars, which is nearly…
The weekend is almost here. Before you start scouring the land for spotted lanternflies or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit recent news from the Tysons area…