Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
Spring Break is almost upon us in Fairfax County and that means Easter. If you’re staying in town, there are plenty of opportunities to celebrate.
The Town of Vienna holds 2 different Easter Egg Hunt events in town. One requires tickets, and is sold out but you should know about this for future years. The other doesn’t require pre-registration.
- No tickets required. Held on Saturday, April 13 from 10:30-1130 a.m. at the Freeman House (131 Church Street NE, Vienna). Events is for children 12 and younger and includes an Old-Fashioned Egg Roll, a visit with the Easter Bunny and egg decorating.
- This event requires tickets and is sold out. However, for future events, the event is held on April 12 at 7:30 p.m. Bring a flashlight and basket to find eggs at dusk! Also present will be the Easter Bunny and a moon bounce.
Other Events Around Town:
- Unfortunately, this event is also sold out. However always check online to see if someone has changed their plans and looking to resell their tickets. The event is held at Meadowlark Botanical Garden on Tuesday, April 16 at 11 a.m. Bring a basket for your child, ages 2-11. The event includes crafts, snacks and a visit from the Easter Bunny.
- Held on April 20, starting at 10 a.m. with egg hunts starting every 30 minutes. Registration is required. The event includes the egg hunt split up by age, crafts and an Easter Bunny visit.
- The Zoo just over the Vienna line in Reston, will have an egg hunt, face painting, bounce house and crafts on Saturday and Sunday, April 13-14 and April 20-21.
- The City of Falls Church will hold an egg hunt on Saturday, April 20 at 10 a.m. Children under 11 years old can bring their own baskets and hunt for eggs and meet the Easter Bunny. The event is free and doesn’t require reservation. After the event there’s a craft tent, a magic show at 10:30 a.m. and egg dying.