Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
You know what’s even more cut throat than daycare registration in Northern Virginia? Summer camp registration. Watch out parents, those registrations start EARLY and they fill up fast.
McLean Registration — McLean has already released the 2019 camp catalog. Registration for McLean residents starts February 4, and everyone else can register starting February 11. My son did the McLean Camp for 3 year-olds last year, where they bring in entertainment and have water play on site.
Fairfax County Registration — Begins on February 7. You can search the available camps on the Partakes website. They will upload a full camp guide soon.
Town of Vienna — Summer Camp registration starts in early April for town residents, and usually the week after for everyone else. They have a variety of camps offered, so it’s great if you have a random week to fill in, or maybe just want a few hours in the morning before the pool opens.
Personally, my son did the “Learn to Ride a Bike Camp” and it was great for him. He went from training wheels to riding on his own in 3-4 days. They also did an art and lego class which was good, especially for a one day drop off if your kids are close in age. You’ll be able to find the camp options here in a few weeks.
Below is a list of private schools who offer camp options that run all summer if you want more continuity:
- Congo Camp (Congressional School, Falls Church)
- The Langley School (McLean)
- The Potomac School (McLean)
- Brooksfield School (McLean)
- Camp TRS (Temple Rodef Shalom, Falls Church)
- Summer on the Hill (Flint Hill School, Oakton) – they’re hosting a Washington Nationals Baseball Camp
- Vienna Youth Sports Camps (Vienna)
- Chesterbrook Academy (Vienna)
- Harmonia School of Music and Art (Vienna)