The bike infrastructure in Tysons is still in a transitional state, with plenty of opportunities to add to and improve existing bike routes in the area.
One big win for cycling in Tyson was the addition of Capital Bikeshare stations near Metro stations and business hubs in 2016.
There are now nearly a dozen Capital Bikeshare stations around Tysons, up from the original 8. Meanwhile, a pilot program recently added powered e-bikes to the local CaBi fleet.
So where are the current bikeshare stations in Tysons? The system map lists the following 11 stations:
- Towers Crescent Dr & Tysons One Pl
- Tysons One Pl & Chain Bridge Rd
- Tysons Corner Station
- Westpark & Jones Branch Dr
- Greensboro & International Dr
- Greensboro & Pinnacle Dr
- Westpark Dr & Leesburg Pike
- Westpark & Park Run Dr
- Spring Hill Metro
- Tysons West Transit Center
- Jones Branch & Westbranch Dr
Photo via Capital Bikeshare